Alex got another one tonight

• Bob Bowman
    MN

What a great night

Alex hooked up on a deep weed edge over 28 feet of water tonight. Fish ate rubber and hit the board at 39 inches, number 3 for the year with hopes to add more to the count tomorrow. I’m getting really good at netting fish and loving every minute of it

a.j.-wiesner
    Ely,MN / Rochester,MN

congrats bob and alex! love2 see tha young stud get rollin on some musky!

Grouse_Dog
    The Shores of Lake Harriet

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Nice catch Alex!!

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

And it will only get better, awesome stuff guys

mikehd
    Dousman, WI

That smile says it all and I’ll bet Dad’s smile was just as big. Way to go Alex

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Congrats to Alex and Bob. Bob’s never had more fun being netman!

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Way to go Alex. The grin says it all

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Very nice!

-J.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Another great fish Alex

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Sweeeeetttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTG Alex and Bob!!!

Mark

b-curtis
    Farmington, MN

That is awesome Bob.

matt-p
    White Bear Lake, MN

Thats awesome!!! Congratz alex!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Bob sent me a pic of Alex with a 51 from the weekend! Way to go Bob. You and the boy are on a roll!! Details, please, when you have time.

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Congrats to Alex & Bob on a monster fish!!! Can’t wait to hear about it!!!

Mark

Bob Bowman
    MN

Yep, Alex scored a new PB @ 51 inches, with a little help from the Big Man

Alex, Uncle Dan and I got a chance to share the boat together on Sunday…and what an afternoon we had. The weather was fantastic for huckin and the fish were on the move. We had the boat over deep water, pitching Beast’s into the weed edges/fingers. As we rounded one of the tips on a deep weed point and started to work our way into the corner Uncle Dan got hit. I was in the front of the boat and heard Dan say, FISH ON. Seconds later he handed the rod over to Alex and the chaos started. At this point we had no idea what was on the other end of the line. Dan coached Alex every step of the way as I was scrambling for the net. I got to the back of the boat and got on my knees, waiting for the fish to show itself and boy did it! The fish had hit on a very long cast and within a matter of seconds it was 3/4 of the way out of the water tail dancing. All I could see was this monster fish trashing back and forth and 1/2 the bait hanging out of her mouth. At this point my entire body was covered in goose bumps and I was praying that the hooks would stay. The fish powered down into the water and I could hear Dan saying reel,reel you’re doing a great job. The fish again jumped and cleared the water not more then 20 feet from the boat making my heart crawl a little further into my throat. It powered back down and Alex gave it all he had, the fish came up at the back of the boat and stalled on the surface, I had one shot and this was it. I said as I was scooping up the fish, this is a five-0 buddy. The fish hit the net and the high fives and hugs started. For the recorded this would have been a new PB for Uncle Dan had he not handed that rod over to Alex to fight the fish. We snapped a few pictures and got her back in the water to fight another day. I can’t tell you what this trip meant to the 3 of us and I promise it was something a little different for each of us. I have spent a lot of time with Dan in the boat, been there for a number of 1st’s and some big fish but this one was very special. The fact that we got to share this together, watching my son get his butt kicked by a big lunge was very sweet. As we watched this big gal swim away, I looked back at Dan and said “Thank you”. The thing was, right from the hook set there was no question about who was going to battle the beast. Dan looked at me and said, I’ve done this a few times, and watching that was amazing. Thanks buddy, I want you to know your not only a great friend but an amazing Godfather to my son, we love ya man! This was an experience I will cherish the rest of my life, I’m still grinning from ear to ear.

By the way, I got to net another fish

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Bob,
    I think this is the best story I have read on this site. Congrats to Alex on his awesome PB.

Dan,
    Awesome job. Definitely something to be proud of.

b-curtis
    Farmington, MN

That is an awesome story Bob!

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

Outstanding!! There it is, two pros passing it down to the young gun slinger. How freakn cool was that write up? We were all praying with ya buddy that that big girl found a home in the net……..what a fish of a life time!

crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

Amazing story Bob. That stuff gives me goosebumps and makes tears well up in my eyes. Congrats to all of you, Bob, Dan, and Alex! I can only imagine how many more great memories the 3 of you are going to make together.

Mike

matt-p
    White Bear Lake, MN

Thats awesome!! Nice work guys!! Great looking fish too!

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Awesome job Uncle Dan

Great job keeping that toad buttoned up all the way to the net Alex

You are living the dream Bob

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Congrats to Uncle Dan, what else can be said!!!

Mark

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

thanks for sharing the story and pic!

handing the rod over to a young kid is one of the classiest, most selfless acts a person could ever do.

keepcasting
    Excelsior

Very Cool!! Contrats to Alex on his monster fish. I can’t wait for my boys to get old enough to fish with me.

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Alex is on Fire. Way to go

I got to give a lot of respect to the guys who made this possible. Excellent work Bob and Dan. Way to get a kid hooked for life

jeremy-liebig
    mpls

That is so awesome…Front page of Muskie First as well! Congrats lil’ dude.

tigermusky
    St. Louis Park

Congrats to everyone involved! Awesome fish Alex!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.