night time

• ryan_mcneil
    Dodge Center, MN

Does the light on your head light spook the fish when doing the figure 8??

timschmitz
    Waconia MN

I never fish with my headlight on. Why risk spooking the fish?

Gary Sanders
    Lake Wisconsin

I believe that it will and does spook ’em. If you put a big glow bead ahead of your leader it helps tremendously by letting you know where your leader end is. so you don’t reel up to far. Pete Maina came up with that simple, yet brilliant little trick.

kroger3
    blaine mn

Quote:

I never fish with my headlight on. Why risk spooking the fish?

I also keep it on my head but keep it off. I like to use a soft glow bead above my leader to give you a little visibility and to pretect your rod tip. Figure 8 every cast while night fishing!

henny
    Prescott, WI

x3 on the owner glow beads but i seem to get a lot off bass when i added the glow bead

a.j.-wiesner
    Ely,MN / Rochester,MN

i have always fished with my lamp on and have seen fish eat on the 8 with the lamp on. it lets u know if u need to speed up move up/down in the water colum if u can actually see the fish. sounds like most ppl don’t keep the light on but i have always done this and never seen a fish spook away any different than when they already see the boat…may be wrong but i’m not gunna change in my boat. i just put my light on the dimmest setting and it’s pretty low beam also

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.