revo toro winch 60

• ryan_mcneil
    Dodge Center, MN

The gear ratio is 4 6 1 would this be a good reel to burn bucktails with?? Or better for big bulldogs? Thanks

fishinfreaks
    Rogers, MN

4.6:1 is a slow speed retrieve. I would think you would want a 6:1 at a minimum and would love a 7.1:1.

The Daiwa Zillion Coastal would be a great option for that application. Little pricy, but bulletproof and made for large baits.

a.j.-wiesner
    Ely,MN / Rochester,MN

i have heard so many different things on these burning bucktail reels. i’m a lefty so it’s hard to find a good bucktail burner. it your righty i suggest the daiwa saltist. best reel for your money, my buddy only has 1 hand and burns faster than i can all day with a saltist…i’m way tougher than him just nothing i can do. go with the 20 if u get 1. it’s smaller and lighter, none of the guys like 30 and 40 models unless they r huge like shaq! i’m gunna teach myself to toss some bucktails righty this year so i can use a saltist. hope some of this info helps. if you want more reading go to muskiefirst.com and there are a lot of top pros advice on the reels.

a.j.-wiesner
    Ely,MN / Rochester,MN

p.s. – GO SHIMANO or DAIWA …not abu. thanks u!

live2cast
    waukesha,wi

I have the winch and its awesome. It is not meant for burning but for big profile baits, and it is so much easier to reel in your baits with this gear ratio but it is slower.

a.j.-wiesner
    Ely,MN / Rochester,MN

i had a lot of top guys at the musky show tell me the revo toro HS is the bucktail burner but it’s only good 4 small bucktails….they said the gears will go out if u burn 10’s. joe boucher used the revo toro winch 60 for double 10’s …don’t ask me why but i’m sure u could e-mail him. he sent my buddy nick a message back. i have personally burnt thru about 6 abu garcia using 10 blades. i’m just dumb 4 not switching and keep buying! haha

shaley
    Milford IA

Not a winch fan either but have went to pretty much all Toro 60’s in the past few years. Mainly run the 5:4 for blades and mag dawgs, the HS for about everything else. Both have stood the test of time over the last couple years and several hundred hours of use a year.

matt-p
    White Bear Lake, MN

Quote:

i have heard so many different things on these burning bucktail reels. i’m a lefty so it’s hard to find a good bucktail burner. it your righty i suggest the daiwa saltist. best reel for your money, my buddy only has 1 hand and burns faster than i can all day with a saltist…i’m way tougher than him just nothing i can do. go with the 20 if u get 1. it’s smaller and lighter, none of the guys like 30 and 40 models unless they r huge like shaq! i’m gunna teach myself to toss some bucktails righty this year so i can use a saltist. hope some of this info helps. if you want more reading go to muskiefirst.com and there are a lot of top pros advice on the reels.

I have the 20 the first time cranking in those big blade I swore I had a small bucktail on. 2nd cast with that reel and my favorite color DC I had me a nice little ski in the net. Its well worth getting either the saltist or the triadad from shimano if you wanna burn blades.

Grouse_Dog
    The Shores of Lake Harriet

Shimano Trinidad 16N – Enjoy !!!!

for the double cowgirls going about 40 inches per turn of the handle

timschmitz
    Waconia MN

Quote:

The gear ratio is 4 6 1 would this be a good reel to burn bucktails with?? Or better for big bulldogs? Thanks

I’ve said this before the winch is a 1 trick pony olny good for slow rolling blades and it’s the worst possible reel for working bulldawgs with 21″ of line pick up per turn it will never burn anything EVER.
    If you really want to burn there’s olny a few choices. Shimano Trinidad 16 at 47″ of line per turn a 20 or 30 diawa saltist at 36″ per turn or the avet mc/mx with 41″ per turn all three of these will burn. I run 2 trinidads and have never had a issue with either plus it’s the greatest reel ever made for ripping dawgs.

ryan_mcneil
    Dodge Center, MN

My gf bought it for me about a month ago and I was going to return it but she lost the receit for it if anyone is interested in it let me know. Its brand new and has line on it. Maybe $250 or maybe willing to trade. Thanks for the info guys

gusschoenfeld
    Winsted, MN

My toro winch was smooth as hell. Now i put line on it it is rough. Any suggestions?

timschmitz
    Waconia MN

Quote:

My toro winch was smooth as hell. Now i put line on it it is rough. Any suggestions?

Buy a Shimano

nextbite
    Newton, IA

MCNASTY: I have a diawa saltist that I would be willing to trade. Its one season old and full of line. It has a a bit more or less than 40 inch per turn ratio on it. I have casted some big blades on it but I am looking for a slightly slower reel to cast my glide baits and twitchers. My cell is 641-840-6283. I can send a pic message off my phone when I get home if you like. I should have the reciept as well as the box. I ordered it from the musky shop. Leave me a message or text.

ryan_mcneil
    Dodge Center, MN

Quote:

MCNASTY: I have a diawa saltist that I would be willing to trade. Its one season old and full of line. It has a a bit more or less than 40 inch per turn ratio on it. I have casted some big blades on it but I am looking for a slightly slower reel to cast my glide baits and twitchers. My cell is 641-840-6283. I can send a pic message off my phone when I get home if you like. I should have the reciept as well as the box. I ordered it from the musky shop. Leave me a message or text.

I’m going to see what it can do on Sunday. Ill let u know than

nextbite
    Newton, IA

Not a problem. I will wait to hear from you

ryan_mcneil
    Dodge Center, MN

Nextbite I’m going to keep it. Thanks for the offer

nextbite
    Newton, IA

No problem. Hope it all works out for you.

gusschoenfeld
    Winsted, MN

O

Quote:

Quote:

Buy a Shimano

blah blah. Its good now with a lure on

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.