Eskimo 949 fatfish problem

• dbrode
    Mingo, IA

Took out my new pop up 949 fatfish thermal yesterday and had issues with the walls blowing in on my friend and I. Wind was only blowing 5-15 mph. Doesn’t seem like there is enough “out” tension on the walls. Is there any adjustment to be made to these? Does everyone battle this issue with “popup” shacks? Very disappointed so far. This is my first “popup” shack as I have used suitcase style for years and years. Any help would be appreciated. Tight lines and Happy New Year to all!

07lotwchamp
    Andover, Mn

I have the same fish house, haven’t had a problem in winds lees then 15 mph, anything over that I use anchors with ropes off each side, also the position u set shack up in reference to wind direction is helpful, I set mine up with a corner to to wind direction if possible, I use the ice anchor tool made by eskimo connected to My cordless drill makes it very easy. Hope this helps. peace

dbrode
    Mingo, IA

So I assume there is no adjustment on the tension of the walls? I wondered if loosening the nut on the outside of the walls where the eyelet is would let the wall pop out further, therefore increasing tension. I tied off one wall out to a anchor yesterday and the lower half of the wall, under the hub was still caving in. Speaking of driving anchors, I tried out the HT anchor driver yesterday and it will not work with Eskimo anchors, they are too big. Used some of my old anchors and bent the first one, then the HT unit broke in 3 pieces on the 2nd. Piece of crap.

Tyee
    Greater St Michael Area

If you have the room set the 949 up in your house for a few days. The fabric needs to stretch. I had the same issue (as did my Son and his house). No problems since.

munchy
    NULL

Also be sure to popup the roof first, then the walls. I had the same issue until I actually looked at the instructions.

dbrode
    Mingo, IA

Thanks for the info folks. Had it set up in the garage since Friday, headed out into 25+mph wind today. Hoping for a better set. Tight lines!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.