Fairport Harbor 6-25-03

• Jason
    Lake Erie

Managed to get an evening off this week so I went out to chase some eyes…

Our program….

Big Boards on both sides.

30 Jets on one side, 150 back
    copper melon scorpion
    copper melon wormharness
    hammered gold melon scorpion
    copper backed blueberry muffin scorpion

On the other side

Reefrunner chart. head wonderbread on wire
    big john diver with coppermelon harness on wire

Out the back

Downrigger 55 down
    denver bronco pro king

Big Dipsey 150 back with purple black wormharnes

We started out fishing at 7pm on the 49/18 line and trolled east at 2.3-2.6mph. We ended the night at 9:30 with 8 eyes in the box, 1 throw back eye, and two remote released eyes that went atleast 30lbs. You ever notice how a fish gets bigger as soon as you lose it!!!

We had 4 fish over 7 pounds and 4 in the 3-5 pound range. The lake was flat and the flys were biting…. If you go out this weekend make you bring DEET.

Here are some pics from last night….

Jason
    Lake Erie

Here are a couple more…

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Janson….

I was getting a big hunger pain just listining to your tackle presentations…Muffins, bluberrys and wounder bread…sounds like a mean sandwhich !!!

My August trip to Erie had to be canceled

I will try and make it next spring with the DeeZee group… I was fishing with a guy this morning that told me it was my DUTY to make it to Erie to help out the millions of fish that need to be harvested out of your body of water…

Baha278
    Madison, Ohio

Nice catch Jason!

This year seems to be setting up to be great. This is the earliest that we in the east (Geneva to Ashtabula) have been into a consentration of fish like this.

First the mayflies and now the black flies! We must of had a billion midges on the boat two weeks ago, looked like I blacked out the windows.

Scott
    High Hopes

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.