Fairport Harbor 6-18

• Jason
    Lake Erie

Fished out of Fairport last night after work. Fished from 7 till about 9:30 and pulled two eyes.

Started out in 1.5 miles west of the harbor in 33′ of water, ended up by mentor lagoons in 29′ of water. Trolling speed was between 1.8-2.2 mph per GPS.

We were running a big planer board and jet program. The first eye (about 7lbs) came on a 20 jet 120 back with a copper watermelon scorpion spoon. The second eye (about 4lbs) came on a 30 jet 80 back with a hammered gold watermelon scorpion spoon.

It was a pretty slow night but the lake was flat, the bugs were almost non-existent and the sunset was beautiful. Talk about a great stress reduction program…..Hmmm! I wonder if I can get my health insurance to make my boat payments, minus the $10 co-pay, probably not, damn HMO’s.

Baha278
    Madison, Ohio

Sounds like things are doing well of Fairport. Seems like the fish are staying shallow longer this year. We are netting them between Geneva and Ashtabula in 57 ft of water over the past couple weekends. I think we’re going to make a move this week to look for a bigger school.

Good Luck!
    Scott
    High Hopes

Jason
    Lake Erie

Scott,

This past weekend was awesome, we boated a 4 man limit on saturday, majority of the fish were 5+ or better with a 7 or 8 going 27″+. I only fished 4 hours on sunday and boated 15, with 30″ being the pig of the day…. Overall a great weekend!

The fish were in close (26′-34′ of water) this past sat and sun, my bet for this coming weekend is that they are going to move back out to 55ft of water.

Weather permitting I’ll be out there saturday to find out first hand.. I’ll let you know on monday!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.