Erie this past weekend

• Jason
    Lake Erie

I spent the weekend fishing up in the Port Clinton. The place was PACKED! All the pros are in town prefishing for this weeks PWT event.

The blow that we had last week really muddied up the water. Hopefully it clears up by Wednesday; otherwise the pros are really going to have their work cut out for them.

I met up with “Hoosier” from the boards here and his family to show them around the big pond and put some walleyes in the boat. The weather was perfect, you couldn’t have asked for a nicer day, the sun was shining and the temps were in the mid 60’s. The lake went from a choppy mess to 2’ or less by noon. Unfortunately, the water was really stained and the fish didn’t want to cooperate, I washed a lot of lures and only managed to boat three eyes, not a typical day on Erie. Out of the three, one of them was a pretty good-sized girl that tipped the scales at 8 ½ pounds!

They are here fishing for the whole week so hopefully the lake clears up for them. If it does I’m sure they will have more pictures to post here.

Jim, Drop me an email when you get back and let me know how you did the rest of the week… I hope really well!!!!!!!

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Awesome pic there buddy !!!

Keep them coming !!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.