LAKE ERIE APR 12-19

• HOOSIER
    West Salem, Wi.

Will be at Port Clinton April 12-19th. Have not seen too many reports of fishing on either this site or walleye.com, western basin report board. Anyone that has been fishing that area pm me with any info, thanks.

wes janke
    Cleveland, Ohio

Hoosier,

The reason you have not seen a great deal of reports for the Western Basin is because the weather took a turn for the worse last Thursday. We’ve had high winds and waves ever since. Jason and I tried to go out on the bay on Saturday and got blown off.
    Before the blow they were picking up fish off of Marblehead. Most were anchored and using a verticle presentation. Swedish Pimples and Rattle Snakies tipped with minnows seemed to be the ticket. They were also picking them up under the railroad bridges on the bay using blade baits. If you have ever fished this area before you know that more fish are snagged than are legally hooked. I prefer to stay away from the mayhem. There were also reports of some fish beginning to be caught trolling the reefs, some nice fish too.
    Hopefully the lake lays down for you in the next couple of days. I hope this helps you out.

Wes

HOOSIER
    West Salem, Wi.

Jason called last evening, he is quiding a trip for us Sunday the 13th. He said that the wind had not quit blowing from the north, northeast. Hopefully by this weekend the wind will lay down a bit. We are there for a week, maybe some good weather is ahead. Thanks for the reply.

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

We are heading to Erie this Sunday in hopes of calm winds and some nicer weather. From the reports tht I have seen, is that some nice fish are being caught, but the wind has dirtied up the water considerably. When the weather calms and settles down the bite should pick back up again.
    We will be out for a week with a couple boats. I will plan to have an extensive report when we return.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.