Sprint Trip Plans

• kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Anyone planning an annual trek to Erie?? If so, PM me. It would be cool if a bunch of IDA folks were out there at the same time.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Kooty , when is the time to go? Is there a week or 2 span that ormally is the best? I want to , just don’t think it will happen this year, perhaps next?

kooty
    Keymaster

Mid April to Mid May is the “best” time to go. Of course, that is only my opinion. I have friends that go late May and have better weather, but don’t catch as many big fish. I’m there to catch big fish and late April is the most common time to go for the fat girls.

It’s a hoot watching them sink the boards.

kooty
    Keymaster

We are going to leave on Wednesday, April 19th, drive through the night and start fishing when we arrive on Thursday. We are staying out on the island this year, new experience for me taking a barge across the lake. If anyone is interested in more info, send me a PM. Right now we have 6 boats in our group, should be a hoot.

kooty
    Keymaster

Here is the piggy I put on the wall, or should I say am putting on the wall.

empty_stringer
    Wahkon, Mn

I’ll be making the trek out on April 22nd fishing the 23,24,and 25th. This will be my first time on Erie, I know about the Coast Guard regs etc. and will be traveling with two other boats that have been out before so I do have some idea of what to expect.I’ll be set up for trolling and using some spinning gear.Any info would be great on any methods you guys use over there.
    We will be staying at Fishermans Inn, Port Clinton.
    Thanks in advance!
    Mike

bgraczyk

We always fish the first week. and we’ll be leaving April 1.
    Im just guessing that the guys that go latter in the month dont get many (if any) pregnent fish. I.E. Kootys pic.looks to be about 30″ & 9.5lbs (could just be a bad pic.) same fish full goes 12+ As soon as the ice goes out but the weather dose suck.

kooty
    Keymaster

You are right Don, all the fish we got were post spawn last year. I’m sure with the warm weather they had this winter, it will be the same. Early is probably better for weight, but like you said, it’s cold. Good luck, let us know how you did!!!

HOOSIER
    West Salem, Wi.

Am going to be at marblehead, ohio the week of april 10th thru april 13th, should be early enough to get some on the larger fish before the spawn. Keep us posted on how you do, I will do the same. Good luck.

kooty
    Keymaster

We leave two weeks from today. My group had to adjust our schedules just slightly due to work conflicts, but we will be at Put In Bay from Wed the 19th – Mon the 25th. Give a holler to “Kooty” on the radio if you are out there. Our group will have 6 boats, so we should be able to cover some water. Can’t wait to see the first board sink like a bobber!!

kooty
    Keymaster

The time is here!! We leave this afternoon. Look out fat girls, Kooty is coming to town!

I’m predicting 24 hours from now we will have our first 28+ in the boat. OK, so I’m hoping more than predicting.

emover
    Malcom, IA

Quote:

Look out fat girls, Kooty is coming to town!

so many things come to mind… but some things are just better left unsaid

Good Luck Kooty
    Make sure you post the pics

dave

kooty
    Keymaster

The fishing out here isn’t fast and furious, but when we get em, we get em!!

Big fish in our boat is 31.5″ with an 18″ girth. I’ll get the pics posted as soon as we can get them downloaded.

emover
    Malcom, IA

can’t wait !! sounds like a PIG
    dave

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.