Erie fishermen?

• Andy Fiolka
    Boise, Idaho

Hey guys,

A buddy and I are talking about a road trip east to ice fish Erie. I know this is a completely different beast than what we’re use to out here in the Dakotas, want to be smart about it.

Do any of you fish over that way that could share some advice? You can message me if you prefer. I’m not looking for anyone’s GPS coordinates, more or less the best place to access, what winds to watch out for, and fairly recent ice/snow conditions.

Thanks in advance, very much appreciated.
    Andy

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Erie = Wind tunnel only matched by the chalk bluffs between Wyoming and Colorado flame Very easy to get blown around out there – even on the ice.

I haven’t been out there yet this year, but buddies that live in Sandusky have been out. 5 to 10″ of ice and cracks – lots of them. Plenty of slush in key areas. They have been targeting 15 to 18 fow way-away from the nearest guys and following their contour line until they mark fish. Camp Perry is giving up a lot of smaller fish – Catawba less fish, but bigger. See PM – I need your email address

revpilot
    Lake Erie

Plenty of big fish being caught of Camp Perry. We landed 4 over 10lbs last trip 20-24ft water. Stay away from any south winds. I pmed you my number, give me a shout when your coming and I’ll give you a update on conditions here. Im heading out the next two days. If I were you id plan a trip thru the week, because theres only access off Catawba and Camp Perry right now, unless you fly over to the islands, and weekends are a ZOO. I don’t even bother going on weekends anymore.

steuben1
    Indiana

Must be nice to have all that time off during the week? How did you do today? Oops, you were driving all across the state looking for a new shanty! Hope the Mrs. doesn’t find out! LOL

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.