Bottom Bouncer Rod

• smackem
    Iowa Marshall Co

Just wondering what you guys think the action should be on one that is pulling 1 to 2 oz bouncers? I would think it would be the same as a 3 way rod pulling the same weight. I’ll look through my rods and get a couple setup.

Thanks
    Mark

randeye
    Hudson

St. Croix Eyecon Casting (Bounce and Troll) ECC7MHM. Take a look at this rod! I purcuased 2 this winter.

smackem
    Iowa Marshall Co

Have you had anytime to feel that MHM?

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

I own the Eyecon 7′ MHM and I have to say that it is GREAT!!! I was using it just this weekend for 3 waying stick baits up in Dubuque. It worked really well and I’m sure you’ll love it! The price is nice, too at $110.00!

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Quote:

I own the Eyecon 7′ MHM and I have to say that it is GREAT!!! I was using it just this weekend for 3 waying stick baits up in Dubuque. It worked really well and I’m sure you’ll love it! The price is nice, too at $110.00!

I just bought two of them myself at Evert’s this past weekend. We pulled stick baits using three ways & pencil sinkers and they work very well.
    You might want to go one size lighter on the rod though for the weights your talking about. We were pulling 3oz’s with this rod and it worked great.

randeye
    Hudson

I will be putting my eyecon’s to work this weekend. After spending many hours looing into and feeling different troll rods, I know this rod is going to be the (as close to) perfect fit for my bottom bounce, crank trolling and board tactics.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

I sold on the St.Croix Tidemaster MM 7 footer. I run 4 of them for 3 ways.

jsfishin
    Urbana, IA

Quote:

I just WON this rod from the ‘guess the weight’ contest.

I could not have made a better choice for my overall use. Trolling big cranks, or a 3 way rig, the rod is light, sensitive, and very responsive. Hope you find what will fit your needs, for the money, this rod, “Eyecon 7’mhm”, is a great rod for those application on walleyes & bass.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.