St Croix Legend Xtreme

• Fishhound

Looking to upgrade my walleye jigging rod. Mainly vertical jig with 1/4 to 3/8th size jigs. Hearing a lot about the new rod they have this year. Looking at the 6’3″ Medium power with extra fast action. Model number is XS63MXF. It’s a pricey rod, but with gift certs and Cabela points I can swing it. Is anyone famiure with this rod? Is there a better rod out there in this price range that people would recomend? I plan on having this rod a long time so I want to make the right choice. Thanks!

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

If money is no issue, which when it comes to fishing, shouldn’t be, the XS63MXF is a FANTASTIC choice! Get it and you won’t regret it!

buck-eye
    Western WI

The only suggestion I would have is hold the 6′ 3” along with the 6′ 8”. They are such light rods that the extra 5” is nothing and it can help you get hooks in the fish that much faster. If you do much pitching the 6′ 8” rod can not be beat. The only downside to this rod is you won’t be able to save cabelas points fast enough to buy the 2nd one!

mrmsnow

Hey Hound,
    Did you pick up that rod yet? Let me know how you like it if you do.

Fishhound

I’m still trying to find a store that carries both rods. The store by my home doesn’t carry carry them in inventory. I’d have to catolog order it before I can compare the two rod lengths. That should tell me something in itself. Spending too much money to feed my addiction!

Sportland Bait

Hi Fishhound, send me a message. I can get you a better deal on these rods. Plus then you can use your points and gift cards for a new reel at cabelas. I have a few in stock at our shop up in Nisswa. I can ship one to you.

Jason Erlandson

Fishhound

Dumb question, but how do you do a private message on this thing?

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Quote:

Dumb question, but how do you do a private message on this thing?

Click on the user name..then towards the bottom you will see send a personal message in blue..click on that and your on your way !!

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

I’ll 2nd Steve… It is the ULTIMATE Vert jig rod! I have tried vertical jigging with the XS68MXF (my jig/plastics pitch rod)its doable… but prefer the XS63MXF for vertical jigging and also close quarters pitching jigs.

Fishhound

Tom Which size reel would you put on this? 1000 or 2500? Shimano CI4 Usually use 8 pound fire line. THX

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.