Marcum 825sd Is it a battery hog?

• trytoofish
    sw Mn.

Or did i get a less than 100% battery with mine. Ive used mine to the last couple days. Full charge before starting. 5 to 6 hours continuous max battery life. No lights just the camera. It has a 9ah battery. What are you seeing for battery life?
    TIA

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I’m thinking I’ve been out around 4 hrs with the camera on using the lights about 1/4 of the time and haven’t had a problem with the battery.

You should be getting closer to 10 hours…at least 9.

How do you know your battery was fully charged?

trytoofish
    sw Mn.

DO you ever really know if its fully charged? The charger said it was,Via charging light. starting voltage was 13.2 if I remember correctly. The screen starts to dim at 8.9 volts and goes black at 8.6 this is by the on screen voltage readout.
    What was your ending voltage when your 4 hours are done. Was this on the ice or in a permanent house? I would imagine more ah in a heated house.
    On a side not I see you are selling a 625sd. upgrading,unhappy?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

DO you ever really know if its fully charged? The charger said it was,Via charging light. starting voltage was 13.2 if I remember correctly. The screen starts to dim at 8.9 volts and goes black at 8.6 this is by the on screen voltage readout.
    What was your ending voltage when your 4 hours are done. Was this on the ice or in a permanent house? I would imagine more ah in a heated house.
    On a side not I see you are selling a 625sd. upgrading,unhappy?

The light…yeah that’s what I was asking. Although I can’t tell you exactly what my voltage was, I can say it’s never been below 12.0 volts.

I use it in a boat…so outside.

It sure sounds like you’re battery is goofy.

Funny, you’re the second person that’s asked me why I have my camera for sale. I’m not sure how far back the classified history goes, but I sell my cameras every year about this time. I guess it’s normally in March, but with the thaw the river will be clouding up which is where I do my underwater videos.

Maybe you could borrow a friends battery? Of course if it’s 7ah battery it’s not going to last as long.

trytoofish
    sw Mn.

according to the manual for the 825sd current draw is 615 ma with no lights. On a 9 ah battery that should be 14.63 hours of battery life if my calculator pushed the right buttons. so i must have a bad battery, But I would like to hear what others are seeing.

nic-habeck
    Lake Mills, WI

Very interested to hear about this as I am shopping for my first camera.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I think I can answer your question without directly answering it…

I’ve used my 825 and 625 cameras a lot this winter and have never had a dead battery. However, thinking back to the days fished I don’t know that I can ever say for certainty that I ran the camera non-stop for 8 hours.

What I do know is if you’re only seeing 5 – 6 hours… that doesn’t sound right. Call MarCum CS and get their take on it. I know the engineers state a run time around 8 – 9 hours.

MarCum Customer Service – Contact Options

rofole
    River Falls, WI

i use a car battery for my flasher. that way i will always have power to run it as long as i want it is a little more work to carry it around but u allways have power. all u need is 2 battery connecters about 4 feet of wire and the 2 connectors for your flasher or camera

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.