Value of a blown 98 200 outboard?

• phishirman
    Madison, WI

I’ve got a 98 200 VMAX (actually a pro v) that I blew up last fall and want to sell without the lower unit. I would really rather not try to part the thing out and ebay it so I’d like to sell it together. Anybody have an idea what it might be worth? NADA guides says 2800 low retail for the complete motor in a non-running blemished condition. but I don’t think that price would account for a blown powerhead.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Can’t think of a soul who would buy it except maybe Twin City Outboard in Shakopee.

Needs to go to somebody who eventually will need all the parts.

Richard V.
    Somewhere over the rainbow

A few years ago I blew my motor and waited a month or so to have it rebuilt. When it blew water was pumped into the crank case and the crank was shot since it got rusty. Nobody knows what it is worth without taking it apart. You might be ahead paying a kid to take it apart then take the pieces to a ebay consigner to sell it on ebay.

phishirman
    Madison, WI

ended up selling it yesterday to a guy who will rebuild it

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Inquiring minds wanna know…how much did you get out of it?

phishirman
    Madison, WI

The agreement was $750.00 and he paid for shipping down to Missouri. Sent me a check for half, other half when he gets the motor. Cool…until Fed Ex DESTROYED the cowling (he received the motor last night) It looked like they dropped the thing! Long story short, he doesn’t want to pay the other half and I dont blame him so we called it even.
    One of us will be submitting a claim with Fed Ex, but I’m guessing we wont be getting too far with it.

just a crap situation all the way around

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.