Help with electronics!!!!

• rushcityranger
    Rush City Mn

Ok! Looking to get everyones thoughts here! I currently run two X91s on my boat, I am looking to get rid of one of them and going with either an x15 or x18 with gps. What are your thoughts? It looks like it is only $100 difference between the two.
    Secondly my bow mount X91 is rigged thru hull…….Dont ask.they rigged it that way at the factory…But..Now I kind of like it that way with the Vex on the Bow I can see what the depth is at the back, which I actually like now! ‘
    Question is…Can I rig either the x15 or X18 so that they do not interfere with my x91?

Ok! last question! I am looking to get a standalone gps for the bow, something that has mapping capabilities, more specifically something i can run Reel bottom on. Any suggestions???

Cory Frantzick

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

Cory,

I run a x-15 on my dash and a lms 320 on the bow and do not get interference. As far as the x91 interfering, I don’t think it would, but I’m not 100%. For a gps only unit check out the global map 3200 or 4800. They are basically the same unit, the size of your x91. The 3200 is being discontinued, so you may find a good deal on a new one. I believe Wade sells the 4800 for around $400.

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

Here’s a link to the 4800.

rippinpigs
    Apple Valley, MN

Cory-

I run the 3200… and love it. No problems whatsoever. The Mille Lacs ReelBottom looks awesome on it. You’ll be pretty happy with either the 3200 or the 4800!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Cory if you want to save a little on the budget, look at the Eagle Intelimap line. Made by LEI, who makes Lowrance.

rushcityranger
    Rush City Mn

You guys are da best!!!!!!!!!

Cory

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Cory, Looks like these guys have you well taken care of. I’d agree on the Lowrance 4800 or the Eagle IntelliMap 480. Both would work well for running Reel Bottom.

On the 15 versus 18, I suppose that’s just a question of paying for color or not. It’s a matter of personal preference I’d say. Good luck!

rushcityranger
    Rush City Mn

Has the color screens improved as far as sun “washout”?
    I checked out your website!!! Very good pricing!!! When I make a decision this week I am sure I will get a hold of you!

Second question is would I have to have to get 2 Gps “Transponders” or what ever ya call them…..One for the 4800 on the bow and one for the x15’18’19 or whatever the heck I get??

Cory Frantzick

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Cory, I’m not sure about the washout problem you refer to. Maybe someone else here can offer more on that. Sorry.

Question #2 – If you’re going to get and LCX Combo unit and a Globalmap unit, each will come with all the GPS parts you need.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Cory, all color Lowrance units have the new TFT technology eliminating polarization which causes the sunlight washout.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.