Come drive a Skeeter this weekend!

• jhalfen

Skeeter Boat Center will host a “Ride and Drive” weekend this Friday and Saturday (June 5 and 6) at the Rod and Gun Club Park on Lake Wissota, in Chippewa Falls WI.

This is a great opportunity to take your favorite Skeeter Bass or Walleye boat for a spin with a member of the Skeeter Boat Center promotional team. Among the boats available will be the very popular WX 1880, the big tiller WX 2000T, the new WX 1950, and the incredibly roomy (and fast!) ZX 225. Use this opportunity to check out Humminbird’s Side Imaging technology as well, as the Skeeter Boat Center staff will give you a tour of some of Wissota’s more interesting underwater features, including cribs, railroad beds, flooded foundations, and maybe even a sunken boat or two .

Word on the street is that James Holst will be there with his new WX 1950. Come meet and chat with James, go for a spin with him in his boat, and see what a new Humminbird-equipped Skeeter boat can do for your fishing in 2009.

For more details on the Skeeter Boat Center Ride and Drive event, click on the link above, or call Dan Meyer, Skeeter Boat Center manager, at 715-833-2662.

jhalfen

Here’s a picture of me enjoying my own personal Ride and Drive last weekend in a ZX 225.

jhalfen

Here’s a boat that I’m really excited about: the Big Boy WX 2000T, Skeeter’s newly-designed 20-foot tiller. An unbelievably roomy and responsive tiller boat, this rig is taking the walleye world by storm. With all of the room it offers, it could be my next guide boat…

When you give this boat a whirl, you’ll also have a chance to see how Humminbird’s 1197c Side Imaging sonar combo collects its beautiful side images of Wissota’s underwater structural features….and fish!

jhalfen

Take a Ride and Drive with Skeeter Boat Center this weekend, and you’ll be entered into a drawing for an autographed copy of our new instructional DVD, “Mastering Jig Dragging”.

While you’re at the Ride and Drive, be sure to ask James how the Draggin’ Jig will put more fish in your boat this summer!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I’ll be there! I’m looking forward to visiting with everyone and talking fishing, boats and electronics. The forecast looks good… I hope to see a lot of new faces as well as a few old friends!

absolute2ks
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I will be there I heard the musky club will be cooking up some food on the Traeger Grills

Walleyeking77
    Eau Claire Wisconsin

What time is this going on at????

nic-habeck
    Lake Mills, WI

Hope you guys have fun this weekend at the ride and drive. Would like to have made it out to compare some side imaging notes, but hopefully will be putting on a demonstration of my own in competition on Saturday. Time for some Skeeter Boats Real Money. Fish are dialed in, going after some big mama’s. “IT’S A GIANT!”

Need to get a few pics of that yellow ZX225 trimmed up with some roost flying in the air.

Tight Lines —

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

Quote:

What time is this going on at????

Friday is from 1pm til 7pm
    Saturday is from 10am til 4pm

Looking forward to seeing old and new faces also

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

Hmm… I’d be cutting it pretty close to make it by 7 tonight if I buzzed over but I’d really like to look at that 1880 up close and more indepth… I should be in Menomonie tonight anyway, Might try and make it over.

Say guy’s, how would a non-wissota savvy guy go about finding the rod n’ gun club landing?

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

My 1880 will be there for ya to look over if you wish. We will also be around most all of Saturday.

To get to rod gun, take hwy 29 east. Exit on seymore cray bvld, take a right at the lights. stay on seymore cray until the second set of lights. at the second set of lights take a right. you will be kinda in a housing devolopement. there should also be a sign there. take your next right and you will be there.
    Feel free to give me a call if you need more directions. 715 829 2160.
    Also if you are not able to make it this weekend. you can give Dan or myself a call and we can work something out so you can come take a look and drive one

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

Thanks Eric, If I can’t make it tonight I might try and swing over in the morning

nic-habeck
    Lake Mills, WI

Any good stories from the ride and drive?

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

Quote:

I really wish I had an 1880

Really tho, Great bunch of guy’s putting these together, even in that nasty weather it was well worth the trip

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Friday was definitely the day to make the trip over! Saturday we had a steady and very cold rain from start to finish.

The coolest boat there was MY boat, of course , but the 20 foot tiller got rave reviews from everyone that took a turn at the tiller handle. Hole shot is excellent with the 115 Yamaha, even with 3 big guys in the boat. Top speeds were 38 – 40 mph and it handled the waves incredibly well. I know as soon as I got through a few turns around the lake I was already trying to figure out a way to get Skeeter Boat Center to let me use that rig on a few shoots this summer.

I never did get to drive Dan’s bass boat although he did offer. I figured I’d just do it on saturday but that’s what I get for not checking the weather.

Everyone that attended had a great time testing the boats and the side imaging was of big interest to all those that had never seen that technology in action. I personally had a great time and will look for another opportunity to attend as I still need to get some wheel time in a couple of the platforms Skeeter Boat Center has available at these events.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.