2000 Tracker Targa Fiberglass Opinions

• zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

I have never been in one of these boats and I know nothing about them. Wondering if those of you who do have some information on this model of boat can share your opinion with me? Thanks in advance

lueye
    stillwater

Never owned one,a freind of mine did and I think he liked it.I think they could have utilized the floor plan on that boat a little better.They look like they will handle some serious water.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Those boats were known to have transom problems. Not all of them, but the ones that did were terrible. I would also be very skeptical of buying a big block Opti in that year. However, if you have everything checked out professionally, you should be OK.

Todd_NE

Most were fine, but as said some did have transom issues (that can be said about most boats depending on how they were driven/used.

Check out the transom. If it’s been used nicely there probably won’t be any gel cracks or anything. Look real hard in the 6 splashwell corners for crazing, or “radius cracks”. Pull on motor even, definitely put the big motor up and down and look for anything flexing. Better yet, drive it.

The boats were capable of lower 50’s easily but they don’t have a great hole shot. I’d only own one with a a power jackplate of some sort here in Nebraska because of lakes like Mac (altitude) and put on a High Five. You’ll sacrifice some top end but have great low-end.

The front storage was really awesome, the bolstered driver and passenger seats take a little getting used to but are really nice when you do. Livewells will splash out a little to the back when full, no biggy. Great boat for trolling, huge deck that even two guys could fish. I thought of it as a multi-species boat more than a pure walleye boat.

If you can find one in good shape with a good price, they are fast, lots of storage, dry, and very rough water worthy.

zachary fries
    Central Nebraska

Thanks for all the help guys!!!

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

My brother had a 2001.

Great ride but he did have hole shot issues.

He went with a High 5 and a whale tail. It helped but still wasnt very good.

Tons of storage and very fishable.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.