Humminbird SI Transducer Mounting

• Reload

I have a Nitro Bass Boat and I would like some advise on where to put the transducer. Will it work threw the hull or do I need to mount it on the back of the boat?

reddog

Without at least a picture, its impossible to say, and taking a guess, just doesnt cut it with the SI transducer.

Does you boat have a step in the hull at the back?

woody
    Onalaska Wi.

Reload
    the SI transducer must be mounted on the transom with a clear path to both the left and right side. At the side imaging seminar this spring they were recommending using two transducers for your SI unit, mount the SI transducer high(it still must be in the water when at slow speed and using the SI) and the second transducer mounted in the normal position, I would guess this one could be mounted in the floor of the boat, there is a cable available that connects the two transducers and they switch back and forth automatically so when your at high speed the 2D transducer operates to give you normal sonar views and when you slow down the SI transducer kicks in so you can get your SI view ( you also get the regular sonar views with transducer)

The reason for this type of set up is to protect the SI transducer, if the SI transducer hits a object in the water (and since you have the have it mounted slightly below the bottom of the boat like any other transducer) it is a $480.00 fix–OUCH ! by mounting it in a higher position you are protecting it from this type of damage.

The skeeter boat center has a expert on the SI and I’m sure you can get more info on this from them. You can also call the Huminbird Customer Resource Center for information on this, 1 800 633 1468, hope this helps, good luck

camodm
    Wisconsin

Let me know what I can do to help. Dan

nic-habeck
    Lake Mills, WI

+1 on the yahoo group. You are going to love that SI, trust me, get it mounted quickly…

ottomatica
    Lino Lakes, MN

I put mine on my jack plate. You can’t read it whe you’re running but it’s out of the way when you’re shallow and you don’t want to damage that $200+ transducer…

scottsteil
    Central MN

Mine is mounted just off center of the boat at the waterline when on plain. It can ready bottom at 60MPH now. I also have one glassed in as a backup but that does not have the SI. As others have said, the Yahoo User Group is a great resource.

larry_haugh
    MN

I have mine about 18 inches off center.
    Another thumbs up on the SI sight, great resource for the last year for me.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.