Anybody around here use Lamiglas rods

• John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

I was out on in Portland a couple weeks back, and the Lamiglas factory is just up the road in Woodland WA. We usually stop in there when we fish up in WA. Anyway, I picked up a factory second certified pro that was a second because the printing of the name on the rod was a little fuzzy. Got it for $130 and it normally sells for 270. Just too good of a deal to pass up. They even shipped it back to Wisconsin for me for free. Haven’t had a chance to use it yet. Just curious if anyone around here in the land of St. Croix fishes Lamiglas rods.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

I’ve built rods with their blanks years ago but I don’t see anyone carrying their finished rods around here…

Richard V.
    Somewhere over the rainbow

Cabelas have them. But you wont find one for half off, even if it is broke 12 inches from the tip. They sure look like nice rods.

fishinfreaks
    Rogers, MN

I’ve built on their blanks. They’re very nice. I truly like them. If you got one of their XMG50 series rods, you got a steal of a deal!

Eric Rehberg
    Eau Claire, WI

I have custom built with there rods quite a bit. They are one of my top choices to build on if the customers dont want to spend the money for the st. croix blanks. Very good rod in my opinion. You should be happy with it. Let us know how it goes when you give it a test.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

I had one about 10 years ago that was my favorite steelhead fly rod. It was awesome!I sent it in for some warranty work,never received it back. That was the last rod I had built from that builder.I also had a couple spinning rods and have used some that Eric has built. A good feeling product IMO.

ratherbtrolling

i grew up in kalama wash. about 10 min from woodland. 30yrs ago thats all we had was lamiglass. i am still building my own rods to this day. i like the sensitivity at the tip with the back bone you get from glass.

big-northern
    Plymouth MN

I’ve had one of their big spinning sticks for ten years. I bought it for char & laker fishing in Canada. It is a fantastic rod, better than the Fenwick I later got as a back up. I broke the tip aboput three years after I bought it and sent in back to the factory, they charged me postage only to fix it.

milemark_714

I have built some steelhead rods from fly rod blanks years ago.Very nice for the money,and never had any issues with them.

10′ for a 9 weight line turned out awesome.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

I have a custom spinning rod, lite, made with a 5wt. fly blank. Rod is 7’6″, 2pc, has a ground/sanded cork handle that curves to lay against my forearm, and while I don’t know what the builder used for guides, they’re the smallest eye-guides I’ve ever seen, and they eliminate any line loop friction that will slow down your lighter weight casts. The rod is stiffer than a noodle rod so control is awesome, it has good power down the blank, excellent loading characteristics, and is honestly my favorite panfish rod of all time! Best yet, it weighs like…..2oz.! Super light and incredibly sensitive. You know it’s sensitive when you can feel the action of a Flu-flu jig!

Picked it up, after shipping, for $76.00 on ebay, Dec. of 1999. Emailed builder and asked, “Once I’m able to try this rod out and should I like it, what would it cost to order another?” He quoted me $235.00!!! I should’ve done it anyway but that was quite the sticker shock for me back then.

But…..if this custom indicates what Lamiglass is capable of producing, I’d say they have a great product to offer any serious minded angler.

Grouse_Dog
    The Shores of Lake Harriet

I use these rods for big crank baits and deep cranking. They need a little handle work (get it done at Thorne Bros) but they are great rods for the money. Most people in the midwest love the St. Croix!!! Can’t blame them as they are great rods to for our type if fishing!!!

I like the 7 footer and the 7 1/2 footer made for Bass Specific Cranking

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.