Sea Foam For Boat Motors

• wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

I have heard many good things about using Sea Foam for boat motors. I am curious about the opinions of the members here. Here is the Sea Foam Webiste.

Thanks,

Wade

clay
    Kansas City, Mo

I have used Sta-Bil for many years in the past until 3 years ago when I switched over to Sea Foam. I never had any problems before and can’t really tell if there has been any big difference now. Both have lived up to their claims. I am curious to see if anyone else has had good or bad luck with either one.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

I use SeaFoam all year, but I use Stabil for winter storage. I know many who use SeaFoam for storage without problems.

J.

hooks
    Crystal, Mn.

Use it year round on everything that I own that uses gas, Love it. I’ve never used Sta-bil, so don’t know if there’s any difference, I figure don’t fix whats not broke.

stevew
    Burnsville, MN

I use it year round too. It’s even good with tonic and lime.

JimRK
    Menasha, Wi.

Does Sea Foam smoke as much as Stabil? I used Stabil and in the spring, with that first tank of gas, looks like I am foggin mosquitoes!!!

greg-vandemark
    Wabasha Mn

I use my rig year around…I use seafoam about every third tank full…

I started doing this about five years ago..Who know really if it makes a difference.

I have not had motor problems yet…

rvvrrat
    The Sand Prairie

And does it stink as bad as Stabil when it burns?

Does anyone use Sea Foam for winter storage?

WalleyeGFA

I have used both, no big difference… I sarted using STABIL becasue of the handy measuring cup that fills at the top of the bottle…. I use it for anything I store, mowers, auger, chain saw, etc…

I hae never noticed any difference btw the two… and strangley, not much smoke or smell from either…

I put it in about second week in November so I know it will be ran in motor prior to me putting up for winter… which is usually when I cant stand my guides freexing up in December…

I need to take up hunting again…

Wally

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

I use Seafoam all year.

Gator Hunter

tony_apisa
    E. Moline Illinois along the Rock River

I use Sea Foam in both my boat’s, truck, car. Let’s put it this way. I use it in everything that runs on gas. I think the stuff is great.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

This summer a fireman told me they used to use stabil in all their equipment but it broke down after so many months and they would have problems. They have never had that problem since using Seafoam. They use it in all the gas equipment they have sitting around. Good enough advice for me to change. For the record I have been using Stabil for many years with no issues.

rvvrrat
    The Sand Prairie

A bit off topic, but does anyone else store a car for the winter? Do you use Stabil or Seafoam in those? What else do you do (ie does it really need to be blocked up?)

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Quote:

A bit off topic, but does anyone else store a car for the winter? Do you use Stabil or Seafoam in those? What else do you do (ie does it really need to be blocked up?)

My father-in-law is in the tire biz and has said it is important to get the weight of the tires and springs while it sits.

Another note about Sea Foam. I went to a local auto parts store to check for Sea Foam and they did not have it on the shelves. Asked the salesman and he said they keep it in the back because there are limits on how many sellers can display the product in a given area. Just a heads up if you’re looking for it and don’t see it on the shelves – ask.

Backtroller
    North Dakota

I use Seafoam all year as well. Keep in mind that the products are not designed for exactly the same purposes as Seafoam is designed as an additive that can be used as an every tank product where Stabil is not. In my old 2 stroke, if I did not use Seafoam in every third tank (6 gallon capacity), I would get poor performance, alot of bonus noises and smoke. With Seafoam, that motor ran like a warm breeze on a cold November morning. I use it in my new truck every 5th tank and in my new 4 stroke every other tank (20 gallon capacity.) It does store extermely well and does not cause any noticable smoking or other odd side effects. I am a BIG proponent of it as a miracle additive and, it does, in fact, taste good with lime!

Have a great winter and see you on OT!
    John

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Hey John, I know this isn’t the proper place but – You have any Fall Otter Tail fishing reports for us? It’s killing me not being up there.

Thanks! – Wade

nubbinbuck

A wise man by the name of Chris Tuckner told me not to use Seafoam for winter storage in my HPDI. I do, however, run it through a few times a summer. I bought some Ring Free, but that stuff is rather expensive !

Stabil for my winter storage

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.