Respooloing a DAiwa Ultralight?

• pbitschura

What is a limp, low memory 6# line to respool my ultralight spinning reel so I can toss 1/16-1/8 oz. jigs.

dustin_stewart
    Rochester, MN

If you are looking for a Hi-Vis line to spool up try some of the new Berkley Trilene Sensation in the solar color. I have been using the 8lb test 6lb diameter since this Spring and grown quite fond of it. It has worked very well for me.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

That solar green line is great for ”watching” the line too. Alot easier to see a fish start to swim off with your bait before you have the chance to feel it. Thanks, Bill

crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

If you don’t care about Hi-Vis, my vote would be for Berkley Trilene XL. It’s real soft and castable.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

I have to agree with Crossin’ Eyes on this one. Trilene XL is my best experience at a reliable, “limp” line. It’s almost available anywhere and lower in price than most other lines too. A decent second choice for me would be the Stren Magnathin. Pretty close in characteristic behaviors and performance.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

I’m liking the Ironsilk made by Berkely. I have it in Hi Vis and Lo Vis. Like them both

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

I have P-Line Premium CX 6lb on my Ultra-Lites. It’s a flourocarbon line that is nearly invisible underwater. I will never use anything else. It handles very well and is tough as nails. I use that same line through the ice for walleyes also.

fireline
    Rochester

I have to go along with Dustin on this one . Sensation works for me also .

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.