Lowrance 5200C Troubleshoot Help

• bassandbucks
    Wisconsin

Hey guys,
    I purchased a new Lowrance unit and had it installed on my boat. I must be doing something wrong or must have missed a step somewhere down the line. When I turn it on, it stays in demo mode and will not pick up any satellites. I have tried to read through the War and Peace sized manual to find the obvious fix, with no luck.
    does anyone know what I need to do, or did I get a bum unit?

crosby-stick
    Crosby MN

make sure you puck is hot wired also!!!

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Danny,

The main problem people have had is that they don’t connect both sets of power wires. Jon Jordon has a video pinned to the top of this forum that details how to install these units. Take a look and see if that helps.

bassandbucks
    Wisconsin

From what I can tell, I did not get the Black connector with the unit. Stupid question, but do I have to have a memory card for the unit to work correctly?

nick
    Lakeville, MN

No you do not need a memory card at all.

hookem
    Hastings,Minn.

Make sure your transducer is hooked up to the unit or it will not come out of demo mode!!!!

bassandbucks
    Wisconsin

From all aspects, this is all installed and connected properly. The is no communication between the puck and unit. “GPS not responding”.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

I moved your post over here.

Question. Did you hook up the gps puck directly to the back of your unit? Or did you hook it up into the NMEA 2000 network?

-J.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.