Alumacraft smokes the competition in 2006

• DonJ
    LeMars,IA

Quote:

I have a alumacraft Mag 175cs that I just love.

Brian

Ditto

2Fishy4U

Perhaps the best and shortest comment on this post.

As for motor choices Smitty’s and several others will put the motor of your choice on Crestliner or Lund. E-Tec picked up the additional charges last year, but I don’t know if they will continue to do that.

Alumicraft is cheaper and provides the best service. Nonetheless, I prefer Crestliner. If you all want to know why ask 2Catch1 what happened when he hit a rock pile at 40MPH in my Crestliner. We went flying but it barely hurt the boat.

Try that in an ALumicraft and let me know what happens if you get back after the boat sinks.

jay55447
    Plymouth MN.

Quote:

Quote:

LR, what boat are you stepping into? Why do you prefer glass over aluminum on Mille Lacs? Are there issues with glass boats spearing those ML waves?

FJ, I got a 2006 Ranger 620. The only problem with spearing waves in any water is “Operator error” and has nothing to do with the boat you are driving.

Same here 620 with a 225. Speared many waves in the three seasons of use every one was cause I was not paying attention
    I priced out lund 2025 pro v with a 225, I really wanted the lund it was one of my top choices but at 6 grand more and less options and the salesman saying bla,bla bla I chose the 620 and havent looked back

wicked_1
    Eau Claire WI

All the comments are great but everything I buy, as far as major purchases is the “best”. That is why you will get “brand A is the best” and “NO brand B is the best”. What works for one guy is not really what works best for the next guys needs and budget.

Also as far as a certain brand of boat only coming with a certain kind of motor — You can’t go buy a new Chev with a Ford engine or vice versa. Bottom line is you have to compromise on what boat and motor you get.

ARCH
    southern minnesota

Although the way the ford 5.4’s are blowin spark plugs out I bet the ford guys wish they could get a chev motor

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.