P line CXX X-tra strong

• bassbaron
    eldridge, ia

Anyone ever use this line? I bought a bulk spool of 15# – 3000 yards for $5 bucks even though ive never used it but figured at least i have tons of cheap backing. How does it compare to p-line fluoroclear? They are both co-polymers but couldnt find a website with a direct comparison. I am hoping to test it out before ice out but wanted some input on performance. Thanks.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

I’ve tried that line, and even though I love their products, I’m not a big fan of that particular line. Too much memory and too stiff. It may make great leader material for carolina rigs.

I use the Flouro-clear and CX Premium. That’s GREAT line!

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

I tried it for my slip bobber rods. Like Blue said, way too much memory. It jumps right off the reel.

BobB
    Dodgeville, Wisconsin

Same deal for me, way too much memory! However, I would tie my tag end to a tree, walk back 100 yards or so and strecth the line, then wind it back up. I would then spray my spool with reel magic. That helped the memory issue a lot. It is a really tough line…super abrasion resistant, but it is not too limp and the memory thing can drive a guy crazy. Just my two cents.

Bob

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.