12V LED rope lighting

• backwater eddy
    Red River of the North USA and Canada

This stuff is just way too cool not to recommend!

I just rigged a Frabill speed shack XL with 12V LED rope lighting (no big deal a few zip strips and Bada-Bing-Bada Boom, your done). My boat gets the full treatment next.

I got mine from “Platinum Lighting Inc.” of the net, very reasonably priced too. You can get it in several different colors and also can be rigged to a 12V dimmer. A very good boat deck and fish house lighting system. It works great as a indirect lighting option for night fishing.

Very easy to work with, it can be cut to length anyplace along it’s full length in 6″ intervals, to fit you instillation needs. Just screw on another lead and cap the cut end, and you set, simple enough, even for me.

They say 20′ will draw 9 amps max, they also recommend to not run more then 20′ off one power source. They can be split with a splitter T very easily.

http://www.platinumsales.com

1-877-319-0241

Tell them I recommended them, ya never know you just may get a discount, or maybe not?

I think we will see a lot more of this product used in marine and other outdoors application in the near future.

Very Kewl stuff!

Ed Carlson

Backwater Guiding
    [email protected]

http://ed-carlson.fishingbuddy.com

rippinpigs
    Apple Valley, MN

Sounds pretty cool. This may be a stupid question… but do you just hook it up to a standard car battery????

backwater eddy
    Red River of the North USA and Canada

You can hook it up to any 12 power supply, such as a boat battery. The big benefit is this rope LED lighting uses very little power yet supplies a enormous amount of light. The stuff is Tuff too, good from 140 to -40 so temperature is no big worry.

Flexibility is another big benefit, as is ease of installation. Not much to installing it in a boat or a pontoon. You can use clips, zip strips, or a track that the rope can be snapped into. The track that can be screwed down or adhered with double sided 3M tape. In a portable fish house zip strips to a support is as handy as anything.

You get the idea, I like this stuff. Easy to work with and has many potential applications for the sportsman. As a night fisherman good lighting that will not mess up my night vision to bad is a great find. The ability to add a 12V dimmer on the boat will be very handy, just dial in the light needed. Cool Eh?

One word of caution. Do not try to use the rope designed for house current for 12V applications. Use the rope made for 12V exterior use and it will hold up and function properly. I am no Mr. Electrical Wizard but I chatted with the folks who manufacture this product and they were clear on that point.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.