Cabela’s Rumor?

• Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

Took a break from deer hunting Thursday night and headed over to Cabela’s in PDC. I was checking out the sonars and an employee was giving another guy the run-down on what was best. He said that there was a bit of a dispute with Vexilar and because Cabela’s was running specials below their suggested retail, they have refused to ship any more merchandise to the store.

They still had the colorpoint and another brand called Markum, which the employee said was (in his opinion) the best flasher on the market. I couldn’t pull the trigger on the $300 price tag, though.

herb
    6ft under

John,
    The only thing I’ve heard or read about Vexilar and Cabela’s is that Cabela’s was switching the store brand batteries for the Vex batteries when they sold a complete package, and Vexilar stopped shipping to Cabela’s because of it.

rippinpigs
    Apple Valley, MN

Yep… I had heard the same thing as herb. Vexilar will only allow Cabelas to sell the packs made by Vexilar themselves. Same thing with Thorne Bros…. I got a good deal on one of their custom FL18 “Blue Box” packages ‘coz they need to get rid of ’em.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.