Mustang PFD survival suit?

• superdave
    NE IA

Has anybody ever tried one of these? From the research I’ve done the price isn’t to bad, and it sure would be nice for ice fishing and cold weather fishing. I just wondered how much it limited your mobility. My original thought was guide wear, but with the price not being to far off is this stuff worth it?

Here’s there website
    pfd suit

KevinTurner
    MO & MN

I have the Integrity Jacket. It’s kinda bulky, but great for serious cold.

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

Dave-
    I don’t know anything about the mustang pfd survival suits, But stearns used to make them, I have three of the float jackets,and three of the full suits. They are awesome, once they get broken in (takes about a year) they do not limit mobility at all. They are perfect for ice fishing. They say that you can survive an hour if you fall into freezing water. I highly recommend them. Here is a picture of one in use last week.

john23
    St. Paul, MN

I second everything lizardwizard said. I have a the Mustang bomber jacket (MJ6214) and the coverall (MS6214). They are very warm and do not limit mobility once you break them in. In fact, I prefer them to a regular jacket or coverall because they’re so warm and comfortable. They are easily two of the best purchases I’ve made for fishing!!!

john23
    St. Paul, MN

And here’s the coverall. Try ebay for the best deals on these things, but make sure you confirm the model # with the seller before you bid.

bobberal
    St Cloud MN, Leech Lake

I always wear mine when the water gets colder in the fall and when I am alone in a boat.
    They do take a while to break in.

KevinTurner
    MO & MN

Good info on the break-in. I guess I haven’t worn mine enuff yet…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.