Minnkota Co-Pilot !

• jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

I see that Minnkota is introducing the “Co-Pilot” for 2003. It’s so new it’s not on their website yet. The press release I have states the following:

Simple, bolt on receiver retrofits electic steer Power Drive and Auto Pilots models. Remote, wireless controller the size of a car key pod. Strap to wrist, belt or fishing rod. Easy control when trolling open water or casting to shoreline cover.

Freshwater $149.99, Saltwater $169.99, extra pods $39.99.

The picture of the pod I have looks to be a little smaller that a PC mouse. Pretty slick looking deal. The control unit bolts on the side of existing motors. Can’t wait to get my hands on one of these units. Looks to be just what we were asking for in the previous discussion.

J.

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

*wow*… John… thanks for sharing….!! go get one right away!!… so you can tell us how it works!! then I will rush out with my own hard earned $… after you have jumped on the “grenade”…… and lived!

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Next thing they will have is remote fisherman! lol. Push a botton-see a fish [locator]. Push a botton-catch a fish [minnkota]. Push a hand held button-steer a boat motor[Panther steering assist]. Now push a hand held button-steer a trolling motor. What next? More toys for us fisherman to play with. Will be interesting to hear feedback on this as people buy and use them. Thanks for sharing Jon. Anyone used one yet?

lundgeye
    Rochester, Minnesota

Yep Bill, this could be the “big” one……just what James has been looking for (maybe). I am very interested in this thing too if it works and looks as described. I hate that goofy foot control (our discussion on this site a few weeks back). Let us see a picture if you find one, thanks

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Should be more info available late Dec./early Jan. Bill

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Bill,
    Thanks for the link to the additional info. Actually, I have been told that the link was in the other thread, but I missed it!! Maybe some of you guys did too…LOL

Anyway, looks like a good addition. I will give it a go in 2003.

J.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.