Vexilar Ultra Pack Worth the $$$$?

• Dave C
    Bettendorf, Iowa

Time to retire my Clearwater Classic and get a Vexilar FL-18. I’ve used a Genz box, but don’t like it sliding around in my sled so am looking at the Pro Pack II and the Ultra Pack. Is the Ultra worth the extra money? If so, what are am I getting for the extra $? Hard to tell from the pictures on Vex’s website. Looks like both will fit inside a 5-gallon bucket, and I like that. Thanks for your input.

rlamar
    Davenport, Iowa, USA

I had the fl18 in the genz box, it’s made to sit on a bucket. I now have the ultra pack, I like the battery gauge ( shows how much juice is left )the tackle box, a rod holder (never used it) and the master power switch is a nice feature, and it does fit in bucket, so it doesnt slide all around in the sled.. Ron

jwfilm1
    Aitkin, MN

I’ve had a Zercom LCF 40 flasher, a Marcum LX-3 a Vexilar 18 in the pro-pack and now have a Ultra Pack. Spend the extra $$$ on the Ultra!!!!!!!!!!! Easier to charge, Battery indicator and a master switch. The best $$$ I spent was the $25 on the blue nylon case to enclose it. Keeps out dust in the summer, snow in the winter etc. Skimp on something else like food or water; not your fishing stuff! Good luck.

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

Dave, you’re asking the wrong Question here….. YOU should have asked if the Marcum’s are worth the extra Bucks. So I’ll save you some time and reply yes in advance.

Dave C
    Bettendorf, Iowa

Matt: I considered the Marcum, but would like to use the Vex on my autopilot with the universal sonar during the summer. As far as I know the Marcum doesn’t work with the Minnkota. Am I right?

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Dave you will also like the bottom lock feature the Fl-18 has. And you are correct. There are no future plans per Minn-kota to offer US for the Marcum units.

fishinfool
    mn

DAVE. DOES THE CLEARWATER STILL WORK GOOD, IF SO PM ME IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN SELLING IT. FISHINFOOL

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.