Lowrance x55a

• mikem
    SE Minnesota

It’s about nine years old.The transducers is mounted on the bottom of my trolling motor.Last week it started flashing 0.0 for depth.The temp gauge still works.Is there anything I should try before removing it and taking it in?Is it worth fixing?

bassless

I have the same one and it will read 00, then next time it will work, Try pulling power to it and then plug it back in sometimes that works, Mine is about the same age and it is time to replace it.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

It could be that the transducer is going bad and not the unit itself. You can try to replace the transducer if you want to put money into it. For older units I would try http://www.lei-extras.com first.

Is it worth fixing? Probably not. If it cost $75-$100 just to take a look at it you might be better off getting a new unit. One thing you might try is to talk to Lowrance about it. They have a program where they give you a rebate letter towards a new unit if they can’t fix your old unit. We’ve had some customers save a ton of money on new units with those rebate letters. It might be worth a phone call: 800-324-1356. The amount of the rebate depends on which new unit a person selects. The higher the price, the more the rebate. Good luck!

mikem
    SE Minnesota

Thanks guys,the transducer has been on rocky shorelines quite often.

gary_wellman
    South Metro

I had an X55 and about 2 years ago, I thought I fried the unit. Ended up being a weak power wire.

Anyways, I talked to Lowrance about it then, and they stated due to the age, they would not fix it, but in return give me credit to buy another Lowrance unit.

Doubt if they would still fix it, but Wade knows best and he is the go-to guy!

newt
    Pillager, MN

Mine was doing the same thing. I would pull the power and plug it back in and it would work. Finally that didn’t work anymore either. Bought a new Lowrance from Wade about a month or so ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.