Minnkota Universal Sonar

• Keith
    NE Iowa

Just wondering if any of you guys running the universal sonar trolling motors are having any problems with interference from the motor windings. I am considering buying one for my new boat, and hooking it up to a X97. I have heard of some problems with certain units not reading properly.

brunn
    Andover, MN

I’ve got the universal sonar and use an X51. I’ve had zero problems with it.

SpinnerDave
    S.E. Iowa

Same here , No problems. Got rid of my Motor Guide, every time I broke the braket (3 times) I broke the transducer cable( 60$ )also adding insult to injury. Now I have a Koda and have no cable to break . SWEET!

steve-fellegy
    Resides on the North Shores of Mille Lacs--guiding on Farm Island these days

Zero problems from me too on the “universal ducer”. I put over 600 hard hours on it last year without any failure.

Steve Fellegy

bassbaron
    eldridge, ia

I had one on my old boat and when my tm on my new boat is worn out ill have univ sonar on it too. I loved it- no cords, no transducer to bump off stumps and get “offline” or angled to the side, and I am no electronic whiz but I think part of the selling point is actually less interference from your motor??

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Keith, The Universal Sonar units continue to get the thumbs up from everyone I talk to. I’ve not heard any complaints. Go for it!

jd318
    NE Nebraska

I’ve got a Genesis motor with the Universal Transducer. I use a Lowrance X-135 and have not had any problems with it. I think it works great.

jd

Keith
    NE Iowa

Thanks for all the replies…..those were just the answers I was looking for

chappy
    Hastings, MN

I use mine on a Vexilar. Works super!!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.