Johnson 9.9hp Kicker Tilt/Trim doesn’t work!!

• average-joe
    Hudson, WI

Hey Guys

I just got my new boat out for the first time yesterday

everything worked great except for my little 9.9hp Johnson Kicker. For some reason the tilt/trim on the shifter handle at the console doesn’t work. I checked my wiring to see if I may have missed a wire when I changed the starting battery, but I couldn’t find anything.

Do you guys have any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

wimwuen
    LaCrosse, WI

Is there a fuse somewhere between the console and the kicker?

If you can find a splice in the wiring for that, you can try to touch the wires to battery terminals to see if the tilt/trim works at all. I’d probably test the power to that switch, and then test the tilt/trim itself. If you have power to the switch and the trim works when you touch wires to the battery, there has to be a short or blown fuse in between the consol and kicker.

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

I’m sure you’re right. There has to be a fuse somewhere

I was told that on some kickers there’s an accessory fuse under the cowling. Where on the engine do you think that fuse might be located?

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

OK Guys here’s an update

I took the cowling off the kicker last night after work and I found some pretty interesting stuff

I’m not sure what this module is for, but I noticed that there’s a missing screw on one side, and a loose screw on the other side, that’s suppose to connect a black wire to the module

Can you guy’s tell me what this module is used for? I’m pretty sure I’ve figured out the problem, but I’m not quite sure.

Thanks for your help!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.