Long Shanked Jigs…

• fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

I am looking for a 1/8 jig with a long shank. I am not sure about the hook sixw, but I think a #2.

Northand used to make one but I do not see it on their site.

I want them for fishing larger minnows (spottails)in the spring. I like the longer shank for when running the hook out the gill the through the minnows back.

Any suggestions on who carries them?

Phil Bauerly
    Walker, MN - Leech Lake

Yeah, I used to love the Northland Shiner Jigs. The closest thing they have now are the Slurp rig’n jigs but they have a shad head. Great for Plastics and big shiners.

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

I pour em myself and use a 3/0. I have found some bass jigs that work well for this application.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

You may want to talk to one of the guys that makes custom jigs if you can’t find a manufactured jig that you want. I understand what your looking for. I don’t like most jigs for plastics and make my own specific for needs. The white darter jig is a store bought. The unpainted above it is what I use

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

Quote:

I pour em myself and use a 3/0. I have found some bass jigs that work well for this application.

3/0? I saw those at Tackle Warehouse thinking too big. Maybe I’ll reconsider.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Most bait shops near Winnie sell them. I usually stop at the River Rat anytime I am in the area.

BBKK
    IA

Quote:

I am looking for a 1/8 jig with a long shank. I am not sure about the hook sixw, but I think a #2.

Northand used to make one but I do not see it on their site.

I want them for fishing larger minnows (spottails)in the spring. I like the longer shank for when running the hook out the gill the through the minnows back.

Any suggestions on who carries them?

Contact Larsons Quality Jigs (mike larson). He’ll hook you up! 612 877 2578

Larson3 on here http://www.idofishing.com/forum/showprofile.php/User/15562

BBKK
    IA

By the way, the hook you are looking for is readily available and will work in any 90ยบ jighead mold. I actually poured some for a guy last week. 1/8 head with a #1 2x-long hook.

shamus
    Inactive

Deans tackle box has a magnum jig that might be what you’re looking for.

rod-man
    Pine City, MN.

Jack’s jigs used to sell them online

fish_any_time
    Champlin, MN

Thanks for the leads, Everyone.

robby
    Quad Cities

I purchased quite a few 1/16oz jigs with 1/0 hooks from Cabelas in PDC a few years ago. Pretty sure they were Cabelas own brand. Pleased with them too, good quality hooks. If they supplied those I would think they would also have what you are looking for.

Lynn
    Minnesota, Crow Wing county

Contact Gopher tackle in Cuyuna. , Mn near Crosby, Mn. They have great jigs and have long shanks.

robby
    Quad Cities

That’s what I love about this site. Ask and you will receive OPTIONS.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.