In-boat rod storage units

• whittsend

Any thoughts on market options vs homemade options for in-boat rod storage?

At first blush, this unit seems to fit my needs… But is pretty expensive… http://www.rodselect360.com/

This is what I’m looking for:

-Relatively compact
    -Movable/portable – pick it up and take it/rods to the cabin after a day of fishing.
    -Mounts in spots so as to free up my storage units (right now I have rod storage/straps that sit atop my storage access…. PITA trying to get into them with rods strapped in.)
    -Can be moved within the boat and/or totally out of the way (as best as possible).. Both vertical/horizontal
    -Strong/tough… Won’t fall overboard in big waves and take 2k worth of rods with it…

Thoughts? Anyone use this product and have any insight? Any other products out there? Any homemade jobbers that work well?

redrnger

I have looked at that rod holder 2.The thing stopping me is the price though.

redrnger

Look up Spider king rod holders.They are what they use down south on there crappie rigs for storing there long crappie rods and can be used for shorter rods 2.Cabelas sells them for around $50.00 a pair.I.thought about these 2.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.