rapala website

• mike_j
    Nashua Iowa

I like to use the rapala website to see what colors they make baits in because most stores don’t carry all the colors for each bait. What I don’t understand is for example BX jointed shad 06 in gold shiner is $4.99 and the same bait same size in blue pearl is $19.49 and the real crazy one to me is A BX jointed shad 06 in rainbow trout color is $97.49. Almost every color costs a different amount and some colors are just crazy price.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I just went and did a look see..

that has to be a web error…

troutbum
    St. Paul

Quote:

I like to use the rapala website to see what colors they make baits in because most stores don’t carry all the colors for each bait. the real crazy one to me is A BX jointed shad 06 in rainbow trout color is $97.49.

I just got off the phone with Rapala. I was told the price for the rainbow trout color was inflated for labor costs that were tied into that specific color scheme.
    They informed me baby unicorn tears are the secret to said lure. Apparently these tears are extremely difficult to procure. Something about catching mature unicorns, forcing procreation, and then having child laborers hold sliced onions dangerously close to the foal unicorn, for hours on end. I can understand the price difference.

mike_j
    Nashua Iowa

So rainbow trout in the BX Swimmer is way easier to paint that’s $12.49

mike_j
    Nashua Iowa

BX jointed minnow rainbow trout $5.49 so I think whoever you talked to is full of it!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

BX jointed minnow rainbow trout $5.49 so I think whoever you talked to is full of it!

Mike J – he was joking…. for what its worth I thought his response was actually quite humorous. It is a pricing error. Nothing more. Nothing less. I’m sure Rapala will fix it first thing Monday AM.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I sent an e-mail into a contact at RAPALA and was told the the correct personel will fix the error, just like James mentioned

out_fishing
    Moorhead, MN

ah man, I thought $97.49 was a steal I bought 6.

Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

Quote:

They informed me baby unicorn tears are the secret to said lure. Apparently these tears are extremely difficult to procure. Something about catching mature unicorns, forcing procreation, and then having child laborers hold sliced onions dangerously close to the foal unicorn, for hours on end. I can understand the price difference.
    *ah man, I thought $97.49 was a steal I bought 6.*

This just made my day

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.