Abu garcia villian vs st. croix avid

• Loomis13
    NULL

What are your guys opinions on each rod? I have narrowed my search down to these two but can’t really decide? The rod will be used for casting weightless plastics and light baits.

Thanks for input

walleyeguy000
    Rochester, MN

St Croix avid 6’9″ medium light extra fast… my favorite by far

castle-rock-clown

Where are you located? St Croix in Park Falls, WI has a factory store with some minor blems at around 40% off. Might be worth the drive.

Loomis13
    NULL

Quote:

Where are you located? St Croix in Park Falls, WI has a factory store with some minor blems at around 40% off. Might be worth the drive.

I don’t think that we will be worth it as I live in des Moines but thanks!

walleyenordy
    Cottage Grove, MN

If I had to choose one of those I would take the St. Croix.

iowa roger
    North central Iowa

When it comes to rods, the St. Croix is the one, they have got about any kind and action you can imagine.
    Dean Marshall is the guy to contact and tell him what you have in mind for use and he will sell you one that will do the job.
    That is what I did, and I love my St.Croix.
    Hope this helps.

Tight lines.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Quote:

Good idea but know that the blems carry no warrantee…they are coded with a B that void the warrantee… If this is a Bass rod for Senkos, plastics etc… I would recommend a Rage 7’1″ MLXF. They are designed for exactly that technique. $150

red89
    Hudson

I assume this is for bass fishing? Casting or spinning? I would check out the reviews on tacklewarehouse.com. I have four st.croixs, one is an avid. They are great rods. Never had my hands on a villian, not sure I like the reel seats on them. You will have more of a chance of getting defects in an abu garcia rod and the warranty is not as good as st.croix.

nhamm
    Inactive
    Robbinsdale

I really liked the feel of the whole Abu line, but the horrible reel seats drove me bonkers. As mentioned the Rage is fantastic, I have the 610mxf and want to pick up the ML just for the reasons stated.

Loomis13
    NULL

If anyone was curious I decided to go with the St. Croix avc62mxf. Can’t wait to try it! Thanks for the input

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.