New Rod

• Loomis13
    NULL

So I received an an Garcia Revo s baitcaster for Christmas and now am in search for a new rod. I want this rod to be able to throw weightless plastics but also be snice set up for blade baits on the river. I really don’t want to go over 200$ on this rod. I have looked at st. Croix avid and a little at Fenwick Aetos. if you have any info on the aetos our other suggestions I am wide open as of now. Also not decided on power or action.

Thanks for any info

p4walleye
    Rochester, MN

for blades med light ex fast tip- probably find a avid in that range for baitcaster- if you are talking walleye blade baits- whoops- just remembered there are many terms for blades, i.e., bass spinner baits, crawler harness etc-

Loomis13
    NULL

I am referring to blade baits for walleye. just love catching them on those things!

p4walleye
    Rochester, MN

Get ahold of Dean, he will have a rod that is best for you before you can blink, and the right price- I agree-exciting way to fish when pitching- and welcome to IDO!

Loomis13
    NULL

Thanks! been viewing from outside looking in for awhile decided today was a good time with my rod question

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

My favorite blade rod is a Quantum EXO(EXC704F) 7′ med/light fast tip. I ahve it paired with a EXO 100 casting reel. It is considerably lighter than any of the Criox rods I ever used and for my uses, very accommodating for a lot of presentations. I use it for 1/4 to 1/2 oz blades, jig raps, pitching 1/16oz jig moxie/ringworms in the weeds for post spawn walleyes, and my small cranks.
    I know St.Croix is by far the most common with walleye guys in the upper mid-west, and they are definitely quality rods. But if you want to improve sensitivity by reducing weight and longer casts with the micro guides, do yourself a favor and take a look at the Quantum EXO or Smoke rods

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.