Minn Kota Terrova Problem

• gut_hooked

Need some suggestions here. Last fall I upgraded to a new MK Terrova I-Pilot, 12v, bow mount. First time I used it with the foot pedal it worked fine for a while until I put it on full power, then it died completely. Checked over the system and everything looks correct. Had a 40 amp breaker on it and after reading on the Net figured that was my problem. Bought a new 60 amp Minn Kota breaker and it did not solve the problem. The motor is the only thing hooked up to a new Optima battery except for a battery maintainer. When I plug in the maintainer, I always unplug the recepticle for the motor.
    Any ideas?

Thanks in Advance,
    Gut Hooked

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Bad Foot Pedal

Does it work with the remote ?

mike-west
    Amery, WI

Taking it works okay for you with the remote?
    If so, as mentioend before me, thinking a bad foot pedal.
    If you bought last fall, get resolved while still in warrantee
    Good luck.

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Sounds like you are doing everything right. I would give Minn Kota a call. If you are still under warranty they will send out a new foot pedal. Minn Kota – 800-227-6433

Good luck, let us know how everything turns out.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Quote:

Sounds like you are doing everything right. I would give Minn Kota a call. If you are still under warranty they will send out a new foot pedal. Minn Kota – 800-227-6433

Good luck, let us know how everything turns out.

Exactly what the above guys said…

gwood
    Murica

First they will ask how far from the battery is it. Then they will ask about your wiring. Those 12 volt trolling motors really require some beefed up wiring. Especially for longer wire runs.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.