2-stroke repair/tuneup

• matt

Does anyone know of a trustworthy,honest 2-stroke outboard repair mechanic?I have a 86 30hp Johnson i swapped powerheads on and am having some runabilty issues i cant seem to get corrected myself at this time.Thanks ahead of time.

scott-k
    Red Wing

Not sure where you are located, but Bay City Hardware in Bay City, WI has always done nice for me when I owned a Johnson motor.

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

You should add your location to your profile. Makes it easier to help suggest.

If you are in the Minneapolis area, try Robbinsdale Marine. The specialize in OMC stuff and have reasonable rates.

matt

I will add where I am from.I am in Rogers area though.

sharptailer
    IGH, MN

It would help to know your location. If you are in the St Paul area, then I would run down to Bay City Marine. (715) 594-3118. They are superb in their service and commitment to their customers.

matt

Thanks.I have gotten parts at Robbinsdale Marine a few times havnt tryed their service yet though.I have dealt with a couple shops in my area with less then stellar results,I wont name names.The Bay City Hardware is a bit far from me but if thats what it takes,so be it.

zooks

Quote:

If you are in the Minneapolis area, try Robbinsdale Marine. The specialize in OMC stuff and have reasonable rates.

X2. Only place I’d take an older John/Rude in the metro, they stand by their work and always want to make it right by the customer.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.