Lowrance H20 Question

• Cp3
    Hammond, WI

I was just given one of these gps units but I’m unsure if a LM chip will work in this or not. My friend got a new one because he said this unit would not read his chip anymore. So I guess my question is- Is there a way to check this without buying a chip and it not working? And let’s say it does work were could a guy get a used LM Wisconsin chip? Any info on this would be great. Plus if there are any old posted on this let me know I will check them out.

b-j-r
    Pool 4

I have a H2Oc, the only difference is it has a color display I think. And it does take the LM chip. As far as testing it you will need the chip in to see if it works. You can find them used on EBAY once in awhile. Check in your battery compartment, look for a grey colored knob, thats what holds your chip in place (under the batteries).

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

It won’t read new Lakemaster chips, but prior to Lakemaster exclusively to Humminbird, any old LM chip should work just fine.

Cp3
    Hammond, WI

Does the Lowrance Insight chips work in the H20?

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

CP3. I have a Lowrance H2Oc with both the MN and WI Lakemaster chips. I will be fishing the SCVWL on Tuesday nights from 6 – 9 out of Hudson. Stop down at the landing either before or after the league and you can try my chips out. I have a ’96 Green and Tan Lund Pro V if your interested. I should be there around 5:30 tonight.

lhprop1
    Eagan

Quote:

It won’t read new Lakemaster chips, but prior to Lakemaster exclusively to Humminbird, any old LM chip should work just fine.

This.

Old Lakemaster chips will work just fine. New ones won’t.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

I think they have to be an SD card. Not a microSD in an SD converted card. I had an issue with that on mine, but maybe newer models than mine are different.

mike-west
    Amery, WI

It should be fine with the older Lowrance LakeMaster chips. Not the Humming bird Lakemater chips!!!
    I have a bunch of LakeMaster Lowrance chips that I’d be happy to try and hook up somewhere and give them a try.
    You would have to go into menu page and make sure Lowrance is highlighted and not Navionics higlighted.
    Maybe I’ll try the new Micro Lowrance lake chip in my H20C. It’s a really nice lake chip and I’ll see if it will read it. Have to wait until weekend when I’m at my cabin though. The micro is in the boat that stays up there.

Cp3
    Hammond, WI

Quote:

CP3. I have a Lowrance H2Oc with both the MN and WI Lakemaster chips. I will be fishing the SCVWL on Tuesday nights from 6 – 9 out of Hudson. Stop down at the landing either before or after the league and you can try my chips out. I have a ’96 Green and Tan Lund Pro V if your interested. I should be there around 5:30 tonight.

Shoot I’m just now looking at this. I appreciate the help man thank you. Are you fishing league next week? If so after I get off work I can swing down there and we could give this thing a try.

Cp3
    Hammond, WI

Quote:

It should be fine with the older Lowrance LakeMaster chips. Not the Humming bird Lakemater chips!!!
    I have a bunch of LakeMaster Lowrance chips that I’d be happy to try and hook up somewhere and give them a try.
    You would have to go into menu page and make sure Lowrance is highlighted and not Navionics higlighted.
    Maybe I’ll try the new Micro Lowrance lake chip in my H20C. It’s a really nice lake chip and I’ll see if it will read it. Have to wait until weekend when I’m at my cabin though. The micro is in the boat that stays up there.

I appreciate the help guys as I’m pretty new to this gps.

tswoboda

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but only Lakemaster 2008 and older chips will work in black and white units. I have a 2007 MN Lakemaster chip in my H20 b/w and it works fine. I’ve tried a 2011 Woods/Rainy Lakemaster chip and it didn’t work, but the same chip works in my dad’s H20c so I assume this information to be correct.

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

Quote:

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but only Lakemaster 2008 and older chips will work in black and white units. I have a 2007 MN Lakemaster chip in my H20 b/w and it works fine. I’ve tried a 2011 Woods/Rainy Lakemaster chip and it didn’t work, but the same chip works in my dad’s H20c so I assume this information to be correct.

That is strange, if it works in an H2Oc it should work in the regular H2O. Only difference is the color screen. Do you have the firmware up to date on the B&W unit.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Quote:

Quote:

Shoot I’m just now looking at this. I appreciate the help man thank you. Are you fishing league next week? If so after I get off work I can swing down there and we could give this thing a try.

Actually, we won’t have the league next week because of Memorial weekend. I should be fishing the following week though (June 4th).

tswoboda

Quote:

Quote:

That is strange, if it works in an H2Oc it should work in the regular H2O. Only difference is the color screen. Do you have the firmware up to date on the B&W unit.

It’s not just the H20, it’s B/W units in general. That is what I was told anyway. If anyone has used a 2008 or newer Lakemaster chip in a Lowrance B/W unit please chime in.

Cp3
    Hammond, WI

Would these older Lakemaster chips or Navionics chip work in both Lowrance and Garmin?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.