Upgrading Electronics

• sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

I am thinking that this winter I will spend some cash and upgrade my electronics.

Thanks,
    Ron

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Slider, I think you could get by with a Timex, but it wasn’t listed.

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Quote:

Slider, I think you could get by with a Timex, but it wasn’t listed.

Going from a sundial, anything is an upgrade

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

I went with Bird this winter. Got the downscan. I wanted a large screen for these old eyes and a sharp picture. The Bird has both. I’m happy, haven’t needed any service or support so I can’t speak to those issues.

It was a pile of dough, I’m not sure I would do it again, but I’m happy with it.

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

If you can’t feel the bottom with the tip of your rod, you’re probably fishing too deep. Jeez I thought you were a Bass guy!

Rootski

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Same boat as you. H-Bird. Big reason is the ability to run Lakemaster chips.

-J.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

I’ll be going with the bird when I upgrade, I feel a bit let down by Lowrance, but even so bird makes a better product for my current needs.

smoke grub

once Tom Mann sold out, I never touched a hummingbird. that being said, right now Lowrance lost 40 years worth of good reputation in the last couple of years, no way I am buying lowrance with their poor fix it policy.. NO WAY..

Paulski
    “Ever Wonder Why There Are No Democrats On Mount Rushmore ? "

Personally, I went with Lowrance, as I dislike the screen set up on the birds and have had good service experience with Lowrance when needed.

I wanted just the sonar and do not want all the little extra little boxes on the side or bottom as you lose too much of the screen in my opinion. Not possible until you get into the real high end units. Pretty disappointing.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.