Note to self

• smackem
    Iowa Marshall Co

DO NOT leave your rods in the boat while in storage. Mice really like cork

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Ouch. If they’re really bad I know a custom builder could replace the handles for you.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I’ll bet your boat smells very special as well.

smackem
    Iowa Marshall Co

Quote:

I’ll bet your boat smells very special as well.

Yeah kinda Manly. They carried dog food and mouse poision and had their own little pantry in my side storage

rod-man
    Pine City, MN.

good time to switch from cork to wood handles

shoot me a pm and I can fix you up

mwalters503
    Minnesota

Yo, man that sucks. Next year, you can put dryer sheets inside your stored boat will help keep the rodents at bay. I know this is debated on whether it works or not, but I have seen a difference, if that helps.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

I’ve been using dryer sheets in my ice shack and boat for years now and it has been working for me so far.

With a winter like we’ve had who puts their boat in storage anyways ???

loshinit420

Moth Balls also work, and smell doesnt stay in boat very long.

SLACK
    HASTINGS, MN

better check any wiring before you go out

dragon_em_in

I usually take one of my wifes worn out nylons, put some mothballs inside them, then hang them under the motor cover. Keeps the rodents out, and it’s easy to dispose of in the spring. I use the same thing to hang inside closed covers in the boat. Then I put dryer sheets in on top of it all.

I have had mice absolutely destroy a popup camper. There was about a 3′ hole in the roof from the little pests.

Dragon ‘Em In

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I’ve had my share of problems in years past. One year the dryer sheets made for nice nest material. The number one thing you can do is control the mice in the building. I have stored in the same shed for the last 10 years and no mice. I dont even put any deterants in the boat any more. The shed owner works to eliminate the problem before it ever starts. Having said that I will probably have mice issues to deal with when I pick my boat up this year!

Fun fact-mice have no bladders and continuously urine their way around your boat…..

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Quote:

I have a drift sock that resembles a minnow seine.

I have one like that too.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

OH Crap!
    Hope this comes out with some reasonable conclusion for you!

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Feeding and watering our cat all year long the least you would think it could do was keep the mice out of the shed.

Last year I found a pile of cat food right next to where the cat sleeps. Oh, there was a box of poison 2 foot away also.

Good thing I have used Bounty dryer sheets for the last 10 years. Nothing chewed yet except a Ranger boat cover that was balled up on the floor for a while.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.