MarCum Boat use

• smackem
    Iowa Marshall Co

Does MarCum have a mounting system for use in a boat?

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

I am assuming the flasher, right? MarCum Accesories

You can use the same gimbel bracket from the winter setup and mount to a ram mount or mount direct to whereever you want via stainless bolts or screws.

smackem
    Iowa Marshall Co

I’m sorry, I’m speaking of the Cameras

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

I have always held the camera cable while someone else is driving the boat allowing me to adjust for changes in depth. If your anchored and want the camera over the side of the boat, I have seen some people tie the camera cable off on a anchor cleat to hold the camera at the desired depth.

smackem
    Iowa Marshall Co

Crap I was hoping they had a boat system like brand X does

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Smackem, depending on where you’re going to use your camera, say a clear lake, dropping it down toward the bottom and motoring slowly around will work assuming the water isn’t too stained. The more stained the water the closer you’ll want to get to the bottom or where ever the fish are at.

The first section of this video (that was one of my first ) was taken over sand in a relatively even bottom. If I recall about 26 feet of water.

Notice how the camera turns to follow the fish? That’s me twisting the cable in my boat to keep the walleye on the screen.

The last part of the video is in 50 feet of water with boulders. In this case the camera would need to be not only rotated but raised and lowered vertically to keep from being stuck in the rocks.

Flexibility in movement is your friend in viewing fish in their natural environment.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Good to see you are still after those white tips Brian!

What’s with the whiskers later in the video?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

It was a slow day Denny.

You should know that spot. P4 scour hole.

If I remember right there was a glimpse of a mud puppy in there too..but it’s only a blink of an eye appearance.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Quote:

..but it’s only a blink of an eye appearance.

An “EYE” appearance you say?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.