? 1979 16 Starcraft/1977 johnson 65 hourse

• 1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Just agreed to purchase this boat with trailer for $1100.
    Motor runs great, hull has no leaks though understandingly scratched and worn paint with no dents. Interior has steering console with flat bottom floor with two pedestal seats + steering seat that acts as live well and rod storage on the rear port side and very clean. Boat has gunnel rails, I suspect 4″ wide that give illusion of narrowness inside . The boat is extremely deep hulled and that is what I am looking for.

Have I talked myself into something or am I looking at good deal? Personally I Think Its a good deal and I cant pass it up even though I have a fish and ski with a 150 Yamaha motor that needs repair.
    This bost is ultimately functional I feel it could be easily converted to an ultimate fishing vesicle, not that it it needs to be. I have a hull that I can work with.

stuwest
    Elmwood, WI

I’ve been a big fan of starcraft hulls for many decades (my age is showing…) They are reputed to be a ‘Poor Man’s Lund’ but i’ve been impressed with their staunchness. At least in comparison to other boats, you won’t lose money pouring it into THIS one…
    Good luck and keep us posted.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Thanks stuwest , ya, he hull is what really attracted me to this boat. I figure at least it be a great boat to leave at the cabin when I get the other boat running. Heck with the price of gas the fish & ski might go down the road to a new owner.

current-break
    ROCK ISLAND, ILLINOIS

Sounds like you got a great deal on a great boat. I have a 74
    16 SS Converted to a fishing package and would not trade it for anything. Here is a link to a Starcraft tin forum in I boats, now you will become starcraft junkie.
    http://forums.iboats.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53&order=desc

At this site you will find anything you want to on your new boat

garth merrick

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Great link! Thanks, that will come in real handy. This is a super sport also as it turns out.

john-tucker
    Northwest Illinois

“They are reputed to be a ‘Poor Man’s Lund’ ”

I would not trade my Starcraft for any Lund out there. The new Starcraft walleye boats are exceptionally competitive with ANY glass or tin boat on the market!

Looks and sounds like a good deal to me riverweed!

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Thanks John. I picked up today after finishing a job. Motor ran great with the ear muffs and the shifting nice and smooth. Steering is tight with no glitches. Yep, going to be happy with this ride and winter project. Floor has a few soft spots but that an easy fix. Spent the evening putting the Garmin GPS/Chartplotter/Sonar in along with a new battery box for tomorrow mornings first time out. I got till next Monday for my next job to start so I’ll get a lot of time on the water till then to test er out.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.