Good left handed medium sized musky/pike rod

• walleye_wisdom
    Big Sky Country Helena, MT (Adel, IA home)

I’m looking for a decent left handed musky/pike reel. I have a Calcutta 151 but seems like the bearings on it are burnt out or something because I can’t cast vary far with the thing at all anymore. It’s loud and seems to be really “loose” I guess would be the best way to describe it.

I’m looking for something about the size of a 200 series Shimano.

shaley
    Milford IA

300 Curado or 400 Calcutta

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

When did they start making right and left handed rods? What is the difference between them?

Are you looking for a rod or reel? How much cash do you want to spend? That will dictate the recommendations you get.

flatlandfowler

Quote:

300 Curado or 400 Calcutta

X2. I have both the Calcutta 400 and Curado 300EJ, I would recommend them each for their own reasons. I use these just for skis and love them. I also have a Calcutta 200 on a heavy bass flipping rod and through the years (8) I would say it would make a great pike reel if fishing bass tackle and a little bit heavier. I wouldnt spend the money on this reel and go throw musky baits day after day with the expectation of it to last. Its a great bass and pike reel, not a musky reel. Just my honest opinion.

Grouse_Dog
    The Shores of Lake Harriet

Curado 300 are really sweet – low profile, tough, heavy duty reels

Left handed would be the 301

walleye_wisdom
    Big Sky Country Helena, MT (Adel, IA home)

Opps, I meant reel! Thanks for the replies, going to check out the recommendations you guys gave!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.