Trolling Motor Advice

• bck
    Big Stone Lake Sd

I just picked up a Lund Stinger for a second boat. It needs a transom mount trolling motor, I am looking at the Endura or the Traxxis with 55 lbs of thrust. I am wondering if the Traxxis is worth the extra money for its features? Again this is a second boat that will be used for fishing smaller local lakes only. Thanks for any input.

Steveinsene
    SE Nebraska

If it were me I would have no problem paying the extra for the traxxis. Much better motor IMO. The traxxis motors have variable speed and also digital maximizer which will greatly extend battery run time per charge as compared to the endura motor. The endura motors are five speed and do not having maximizer tecnology therefore the run time per battery charge is pretty poor comparatively speaking. Also many times it is hard to dial in a correct speed with a five speed whereas with the variable speed traxxis you can dial in the exact speed needed. The endura is Minnkotas cheapest motor, I’ve had them in the past and you get what you paid for IMO, a cheap trolling motor.

joshbjork
    Center of Iowa

I have an endura. The 5 speed thing sucks but it is still a heck of a buy. One could drag a bucket around I imagine.

BullsNeyes
    Rochester, MN

I’d go with the Traxxis, I have one and it works great on my 14 foot Lund Rebel.

carroll58
    Twin Cities, USA

I always go with the best and most money can buy.

Even if you can’t afford the better one, another option for battery life is adding a 2nd battery connected in parallel.

Good Luck!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.