E-Tec 50hp Prop confusion

• drakesdemise
    Residing in St. Paul, MN doing weekly travel throughout the five state Upper Midwest

So, I need a new prop for my 2005 E-Tec 50.
    The story isn’t too exciting. I had a close encounter with a boulder, at 30 MPH. Feeling very lucky.
    Yes, I plan to have the original prop repaired and kept on-board for back-up.
    I also do want to stick with aluminum.
    I hunt this motor way more often than I fish it, and I’m not very nice to it. Stainless doesn’t seem to make sense for me.
    The original prop is stamped 13.75 x 13.
    The Evinrude BRP website doesnt clearly identify the props available for this motor, but they do not appear to offer a 13.75 x 13, for this class motor.
    1. Do we have a site sponsor, or contributor, that I should patronize for this purchase?
    2. Does anyone have experience with this specific motor/prop replacement, that would recommend a specific make, model and/or pitch?
    I’m running a 16′ Alumacraft Yukon. My WOT top speed was 25 MPH. I do not have a tac to identify what my WOT RPMs were.
    Thanks for any and all suggestions.
    cheers

propmann
    Brainerd MN

Solas make the aluminum props for BRP. They make the 13.75 x 13. Hard to make a suggestion if you don’t a have a tach. But typically that setup runs either a 13 or 15 pitch prop.

jasonjabe
    La Crosse/St. Charles

I run a 19 michigan ballistic stainless on my 50 etec. On the back of a polarkraft 1680 that weighs 700 and some change. I top out at 39 downriver and 35 up river. rpm’s are 5600 wot. I think you could pitch up a fair amount and gain some top end. Hope this helps.

drakesdemise
    Residing in St. Paul, MN doing weekly travel throughout the five state Upper Midwest

This helps huge, thanks guys
    cheers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.