Aqua Vu’s New Camera / Claw tool

• caught2fish

If by awesome you mean dumb, yeah, then I agree. As a guy that keeps waiting for aquaview to try and retake their place as the top manufacturer of underwater cameras I’m left speechless wondering when we’ll see better cameras instead of gimmicks. What the heck would you do with it besides pick up stuff you’re dumb enough to drop down the hole or over the side of your boat? You’d have to be the clumsiest guy ever to pay back something like that. Now if you work at a golf course retrieving balls and you didn’t want to get in the water I could see it but for the fisherman??????????? All I’ve got to say is when do we get improved cameras and monitors on products we can actually use while FISHING?!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I’m not sure I should even post about this..as my middle name is Marcum.

Competition between companies is a very good thing for the consumer.

You summed up my thoughts exactly caught3fish.

As The Donald would say….”Meet me in the boardroom. Someone WILL be fired.”

mnicholson
    River Falls, WI

Quote:

If by awesome you mean dumb, yeah, then I agree. As a guy that keeps waiting for aquaview to try and retake their place as the top manufacturer of underwater cameras I’m left speechless wondering when we’ll see better cameras instead of gimmicks. What the heck would you do with it besides pick up stuff you’re dumb enough to drop down the hole or over the side of your boat? You’d have to be the clumsiest guy ever to pay back something like that. Now if you work at a golf course retrieving balls and you didn’t want to get in the water I could see it but for the fisherman??????????? All I’ve got to say is when do we get improved cameras and monitors on products we can actually use while FISHING?!

x2! I too could not have said that any better!

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

Quote:

I’m not sure I should even post about this..as my middle name is Marcum.

Competition between companies is a very good thing for the consumer.

You summed up my thoughts exactly caught3fish.

As The Donald would say….”Meet me in the boardroom. Someone WILL be fired.”

I would only buy if I could get 2 for $1400

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

BTW, I once owned an Aqua Vu camera and the only place the p.o.s camera would be useful if is I dropped my pole in a swimming pool that had just been cleaned

VSRangerMan
    Chippewa Falls,WI

If they made a camera you could actually see decent with then possibly this tool might add to its value. Without decent optics or lighting I can see more clearly another item going to be in the bargain bin. Of course there is allways the first time underwater camera user sucked in by gimmics.

WALLEYE444

Wow… Thanks guys.. I did not know that this was a Marcum only forum… Sorry about that question.. I do own a Marcum flasher & love it, but if this how their sponsers act on a simple question, I might look elsewhere on another flasher in the future.

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

Quote:

Wow… Thanks guys.. I did not know that this was a Marcum only forum… Sorry about that question.. I do own a Marcum flasher & love it, but if this how their sponsers act on a simple question, I might look elsewhere on another flasher in the future.

I am not sponsored by Marcum in any way shape or form. It is just my OPINION that Auqa Vu makes an inferior underwater camera. They should have put the money they spent on this new basket deal into the r&d on improving the optics and lighting of the current camera they are selling. It might have helped them improve their market share. Because they chose to move forward with the above contraption shows me they are not I viable company.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

I think it would be fun. Not much of a fishing tool but it would be great picking up things on the lake bed.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

John,

As far as I know, I’m the only one responding to your post that has a connection with Marcum. The others might be users I’m not sure.

To change flashers because of other peoples opinions of a product??

That’s going to leave me scratching my head for a while.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

PS Caught3fish said he was a pro Auqu View guy.

I said “competition is good for the consumer”.

mnicholson
    River Falls, WI

I’m not a Marcum guy, I just think this add-on is ridiculous… Who is going to spend $800 on something they might use? Serious fisherman are not going to use this. The only logical people that could use this is a guide or a resort, someone who could get more than handful of uses out of it. Just my two cents.

WALLEYE444

Quote:

I think it would be fun. Not much of a fishing tool but it would be great picking up things on the lake bed.

I know, I have lost gear before & this thing would have got it back. Still pissed I lost grandpa rod years ago..

caught2fish

Quote:

Wow… Thanks guys.. I did not know that this was a Marcum only forum…

Marcum only forum? I’d call it more of a NO BS Zone where the average member is a pretty good fisherman and unlikely to be impressed by garbage products.

I’ve owned cameras since Aquaview first came out with them and I’d buy another if they’d actually do something, anything!!!!!!!!, to try and keep up with MarCum and to some degree Vexilar. Aquaview has been left in the dust and this is their new release to recapture their position?!?!?!?! Don’t try and blame our response on the other camera manufacturers. That’s bull. This one is on aquaview plain and simple. The claw is the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen and all I’m doing is calling a spade a spade. PEace out.

caught2fish

Quote:

Quote:

I know, I have lost gear before & this thing would have got it back. Still pissed I lost grandpa rod years ago..

Dude you could hire a professional diver for multiple days should you find yourself actually needing to retrieve something you dropped overboard.

cts
    winneshiek county IA

My buddy could have used that a couple years ago when he dropped his cell phone down his ice hole funniest thing i ever seen i watched him drop it and then watched it float to the bottom of the pond we were fishing on my camera you could see it laying face up on the bottom so i called and left him a message and the phone lite up when i call i still cant stop laughing when i think about it

WALLEYE444

Quote:

PS Caught3fish said he was a pro Auqu View guy.

I said “competition is good for the consumer”.

It just seemed to be that way getting jumped on that fast then. For just a simple question. I saw you in there & plus your fishing buddy were the two it was directed too..

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Dude you could hire a professional diver for multiple days should you find yourself actually needing to retrieve something you dropped overboard.

Dude, chill the flip out. I was just trying to be nice, dude…

WALLEYE444

Quote:

My buddy could have used that a couple years ago when he dropped his cell phone down his ice hole funniest thing i ever seen i watched him drop it and then watched it float to the bottom of the pond we were fishing on my camera you could see it laying face up on the bottom so i called and left him a message and the phone lite up when i call i still cant stop laughing when i think about it

Now, that is too funny!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

It’s ok 444…this isn’t a Marcum only Zone…it’s a no BS Zone.

The replying posts where not about you, but about the…claw.

No reason to be defensive. Right?

WALLEYE444

Marcum LX3 for sale… “jk” Its all good.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.