color or black/white?

• tomberg
    Rochester,MN.

I’m looking into buying a garmin 300c and I currently have a older lowrance x-51.. is the color a big difference in these such as sharpness and picking things up better? Is garmin good as far as fishfinders?

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Would you buy a black and white TV???

Get the color, you will not be disapointed.

drew-evans
    rochester MN

Quote:

Would you buy a black and white TV???

Get the color, you will not be disapointed.

X2

kroger3
    blaine mn

Color makes thing alot easier to figure out whats what at a quick glance.

cat dude
    Arlington, MN

Color all the way.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

You’ll be hard pressed to find someone to recommend b$w unless they haven’t used color.

You know when you’re looking at the bottom of a lake/river and there’s something (when looking closely) that kind of grey? It might be a fish in the weeds, but you just can’t tell? Depending on the size and hardness, this will stand out like a sore thumb with a color unit. Much easier to distinguish if it’s a fish or not.

Bottom hardness…a hard bottom is yellow and then goes to a brown/black for a mud bottom.

Color.

tomberg
    Rochester,MN.

Ok,I’m convinced..Now I start looking,any thing you recommend? dont want to break the bank,around $200.00..

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

Quote:

You’ll be hard pressed to find someone to recommend b$w unless they haven’t used color.

You know when you’re looking at the bottom of a lake/river and there’s something (when looking closely) that kind of grey? It might be a fish in the weeds, but you just can’t tell? Depending on the size and hardness, this will stand out like a sore thumb with a color unit. Much easier to distinguish if it’s a fish or not.

Bottom hardness…a hard bottom is yellow and then goes to a brown/black for a mud bottom.

Color.

Bk, Does color matter to you considering you don’t know them yet???

igotone

Quote:

Ok,I’m convinced..Now I start looking,any thing you recommend? dont want to break the bank,around $200.00..

Eagle 320

Whiskerkev
    Madison

You cats are tough. I’ve gotten by with a black and white Ifinder for years it does the job just fine for finding my ice fishing contours. I’m not color blind but if I was I might buy a black and white TV.

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Quote:

You cats are tough. I’ve gotten by with a black and white Ifinder for years it does the job just fine for finding my ice fishing contours. I’m not color blind but if I was I might buy a black and white TV.

He’s looking for a sonar. You got a black and white one of those laying around Mr Edison?

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Quote:

He’s looking for a sonar. You got a black and white one of those laying around Mr Edison?

I’m think’n he gotcha on that one kev…..

Whiskerkev
    Madison

Jolly jokers. I think I have a black and white humminbird he could have.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.