Terrova mounting base

• carnivore
    Dubuque, Iowa

It looks like there may be two different mounting bases that would work with the 101 Terrova that allow for quick on and off. Which is best and why? Do they both have adapter plates? I’d appreciate your ideas.

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

I have the MKA-16-02.

MKA-16-02

I have heard others say it is noisy/loud, but mine makes no noise at all when the motor is deployed or when it is stowed and were traveling. I like the fact that it has a place for a lock so I know my motor wont be going anywhere.

mb376
    Lincoln, Nebraska

I have that one also, and haven’t had any issues. I do think the other one looks a little nicer when the motor is removed, but I am fine with mine.

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Same here, works well for me and I use a padlock on it to keep it from wandering.

Also if your boat cover is a bit tight, you can slide the trolling motor back a bit in the mount and lock it there for traveling, just needs a hole drilled for the lock.

Al

Todders

I have a new terrova in the box, does it come with a bracket or do I need to find another $150 when I want to install it? Replacing a 24v powerdrive that has a bracket but a way to lock it would be great. Thanks. Not trying to hijack, never even thought it would come without a bracket

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I have the same one, too.

Todders, you can mount it as is, but many folks like to use a bracket so the motor can easily be removed.

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

Quote:

I have a new terrova in the box, does it come with a bracket or do I need to find another $150 when I want to install it? Replacing a 24v powerdrive that has a bracket but a way to lock it would be great. Thanks. Not trying to hijack, never even thought it would come without a bracket

The mount does not come with the motor. The one made by Minn Kota is around $60 and I have also seen another one at Fleet Farm that I think was around $40 made by rig rite (the company that makes the transducer boards).

JasonP
    Twin Cities

I have both mounts…the one above and the MKA-21. I’m not using the MKA-21 (hint, hint if someone wants to PM me ). The cheaper one has worked fine for me but removing/placing the motor is harder and the aluminum galls over time making it even harder to slide on and off…especially for a big motor like the 36V’s. The two mounts have different mounting patterns though…so if you’re replacing the cheaper mount and you don’t want to drill more decking you need to buy an extra adapter…if you’re mounting for the first time you shouldn’t need the adapter.

JP

joe-bauman
    Rochester, MN

I would think Wade at Jolly Ann (site sponsor) could help you with this!!

skeeter20
    Winnie/Grand Rapids,MN

I had a MKA-21 on my last boat. I really liked it cause it was small when the motor was off, plus I never have my covers made with the motor on and with the aluminum style one it has sharp edges and can tare the cover.

I am not sure what the dealer is putting on the new boat but if its the bigger one I will have to make sure Canvas Craft adds come reinforcement around it.

lundgeye
    Rochester, Minnesota

I have the cam lock base which is recommended by Minnkota. I have had both other bases talked about here on my previous Minnkota motors but got the cam lock for this one…it’s an awesome mount, plus they give you a nice smooth top when running w/o the motor. I share the same motor on both my boats and love the bracket..very nice and super easy to take on and off.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

x3
    and my fishing partner as it as well
    x4

Paulski
    “Ever Wonder Why There Are No Democrats On Mount Rushmore ? "

Just put a Terrova on this weekend. I had the MKA-16-02 on for my auto pilot, and the holes all lined up fine, so now it is doing the same job for my Terrova…

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.